Why we had to set a higher minimum for pending orders

@George

Has this now been upped to $200 ??

3 Likes

Maybe people don’t want to do it to get rich? They’d rather the % of return vs putting it into a savings account with a bank. There’s a book called “The Compound Effect” you should read it if you haven’t already. All those coffees add up :money_with_wings:

3 Likes

The information on the website is simple, correct and clear. Users can Invest from $1, and to find out more you can read the T&C. We can agree to disagree.

Getting back to the temporary change in features offered, this is a short term solution to resolve complaints made by the exchanges, that have unfortunately resulted in some user complaints such as from yourself due to a change in the free services offered.

Without the exchanges, we would not be able to trade at all. 212 have confirmed they are looking for a solution to suit everyone.

Why don’t we try and be more productive, and perhaps help them in coming up with a reasonable solution for all parties?

One thought could be for the Market order investing process to remain free. If people wish to place other types of trades, then there is a premium service fee, added to their trades, to help pay for additional bandwidth. Essentially you pay for additional features you use if needed. Would this suit your needs, or if not what would you propose?

3 Likes

I’m assuming the limit is in terms of currency of the stock rather than domestic currency? Anybody know?

Without thinking I just executed a limit order for £80, over $100 but not £100 which is my account currency.

Edit: ignore, answered my own question

I propose anything that is a level playing field.

• Expiry on limit orders, rather than amount.

• Features where if you set a price alert and it drops below your price alert you should be alerted (e.g. not ignored if moved outside market hours)

• Solution for non-liquid stock. For example AIM stock which move prices without the quoted price changing

• Consistent amount based on home currency or quoted currency. See USD $100, EUR 100, GBX 10000??

• Possible limitation on amount of triggers on 1 stock

• Ability to buy pre market

These are just some ideas without thought i’m sure more people will have better ideas

5 Likes

It would be a joke if the limits fluctuated due to being tied to exchange rates, a nominal amount of 100 at least allows for time consistency.

Solution to consistent amounts could be that the currency variations are rounded up to the nearest 10 or so, adjusted on say a quarterly/semi annual basis.

Given it’s supposedly a temp solution doubt a monthly/quarterly adjustment will be needed.

I use IB as well and they don’t have any sort of limit like this, I frequently have orders <100$

2 Likes

It is getting worse now Some Penny Stocks requires minimum of $250!!

T212|242x84

2 Likes

Can’t wait until Decentralised Finance stock trading becomes mainstream.
https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/decentralized-stock-trading-launching-on-defi-platform-injective-protocol-2020-12-21?amp
Probably few years away until we have 10k+ shares/funds available for trading on a DeFi platform, but that’s something to look forward to.

4 Likes

Only wonder how the system will handle dividends.

1 Like

Any update on this temporary measure?
Also any explanation why some penny stocks have now been increased to $200/250?
Poses real issue when the market price T212 would give us is always way below the current price.

For example I have £50 of DTST. Bought at 0.77401, price going into close was 0.79746 but sell price 0.69154. About 14% less. We’re essentially forced to accept a loss or hold longer than intended. Works the other way of course when in profit, the sell price would still be profit but much less than we could get with limit order.

3 Likes

Probably imply a small limit say $25-$50 to discourage people to do scalping but not $100 let alone some of them are $200, £250.

Hi someone may have asked this already but does this affect the Pie investing as well.

1 Like

No because pie investing is market orders not limit (pending) orders

1 Like

Thanks you Ryan for your reply

1 Like

Any timeline if this gets lifted? I can’t sell my stocks to desired prices because I don’t own enough volume of it …

1 Like

Hi, sorry but as a fix we could do in the short term could we remove the stop on limit sell orders?

If the issue is specifically with buy orders, please can we remove sell?

Like today the market is booming I want to take profits but not completely sell out of position. So sell small amounts.

I could do live selling but I want the best price I can get!

1 Like

Hi would it be possible to add price alert ‘under’ X or price now ‘above’ X in price alerts?

When investing in small cap trading 212 seems to miss price quotes and so miss alerts

1 Like