🇦🇹 Wiener Börse (Austrian Stock Exchange)

As I didn’t see any official communication **, I suppose as myself, there could be also other people that don’t know that Trading 212 added the Wiener Börse (:austria: Austrian Stock Exchange) this week.

This is the 2nd new Stock Exchange in the last weeks (:belgium: Euronext Brussels was the last one). Congrats to Trading 212 for expanding the markets in the platform. Now 9 countries present in Trading 212.

** Trading 212, you could also announce the good news (and not only the bad news). :wink:
You deserve also the good marketing and congratulations from your customers (and not only people showing some unsatisfaction with you).

23 Likes

I have the feeling they don’t announce because they plan to add even more Markets :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Did not realize, I wonder if there are some gems to be found. Economy is very beaten up, since GDP is heavily dependent on tourism and services

Hope they add Toronto SE. Some really nice stocks there

7 Likes

Hoping the WIG (Polish) Stock Exchange is next!

Praying for it and the success for Trading 212! @Team212

7 Likes

“Wiener Börse”
Am I the only one that finds this funny? seems everybody else isn’t as immature as me :sweat_smile:

On a more serious note it fantastic that we get access to more stocks. Already was really fond of the Brussel addition

6 Likes

I hope they will add Italian stock exchange too!

1 Like

There are already some ETFs traded on Italian Stock Exchange. So we see some willingness to add the Italian Stock Exchange.

The Italian Stocks could take more time due to the Italian transaction tax (technical and legal challenges).

I suppose T212 are doing first the quick and simple additions.

1 Like

Which ones?

Is this a tax not present in other Eu countries?

Just do a search for Borsa Italiana: :wink:

Yes, there are present in other countries (not only EU countries).

In UK stocks (Stamp Duty Tax) and some French stocks (Transaction Tax) both on buy transactions.

And although not taxes but with similar technical challenges, Fees on US Stocks (SEC and FINRA fees) on sales transactions.

T212 have to do some technical modifications when this happens. And do some due diligence on the legal side.

3 Likes

I’m really looking forward to HKEX.

It’s a shame Trading212 don’t have a blog, or boast about their achievements on the forum or through a in-app notification.

With the money Trading212 are getting from FX conversion fee’s they could reinvest into better communication with customers and through introducing a blog.

They have a blog now: https://blog.trading212.com/
The last post was on crypto in august 2019.

2 Likes

Please we need you guys to add Toronto stock exchange TSX, Australia, Hong Kong stock exchange, China, Singapore, Japan, Malaysia, India, Taiwan markets too.

4 Likes

Taiwan and mainly Malaysia are “little known” exchanges.
China is not direct, due to political issues, access made through the Hong-Kong connection.

Interactive Brokers actual available countries (Trading 212 Stock intermediary):

North America

United States
Canada
Mexico

Europe

Austria
Belgium
Estonia
France
Germany
Hungary
Italy
Latvia
Lithuania
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Russian Federation
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom

Israel

Asia-Pacific

Australia **
Hong Kong
India ***
Japan
Singapore *

EDIT:

• Due to regulatory considerations IBKR is unable to offer trading in Singapore stocks to Singapore residents.

** Creation, redemption and physical delivery of exchange traded commodities (“ETCs”) is not supported.

*** Stocks on the NSE are only available to Indian residents.

5 Likes

T212 please enable all :slight_smile:

Thank you for the update, please add TORONTO STOCK EXCHANGE ( very important), , you can also add Mexico, Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, & Singapore…

There are some restrictions in adding some countries. I don’t know if you also saw this:

Singapore Singapore Exchange (SGX)*
Australia Australian Stock Exchange (ASX)** Chi-X Australia**
India National Stock Exchange of India (NSE)***

• Due to regulatory considerations IBKR is unable to offer trading in Singapore stocks to Singapore residents.

** Creation, redemption and physical delivery of exchange traded commodities (“ETCs”) is not supported.

*** Stocks on the NSE are only available to Indian residents.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the information.

1 Like

Way to hijack a thread :upside_down_face:

They know what they are doing and have some patience.

@RLX Thanks for the post. Have to say there is a lot already on the platform I hadn’t even noticed.

Out of interest, how did you bring up that menu in the app, or was it online hence I didn’t see it!

Any new stocks you like?

1 Like

The web apps have the countries filters inside the Stock Filter. The new web app have also the countries flags.

But I don’t know if all Stocks are “inside” the countries filters, as some of the existing Stocks and ETFs are still “outside” the filters, such as categories filters. I don’t use so much the T212 search filters due to this (as probably also other investors), a lot of Stocks and ETFs don’t show up → @David , @Team212 any comment on this matter?

I still didn’t finished the research on the new Belgian Stocks and now have the Austrian Stocks. So much stocks and so little time.

Also to notice that there are also non-Austrian Stocks on the Wiener Börse.

A first-look on Austrian Stocks is that they have a couple of Banks and Insurance companies, a sector that I avoid (the more I know the banking sector, the more I avoid them).

→ A Morningstar integration on T212, with more searchable options, performance data, the financial instruments were more quickly discriminated and categorized, a possibility to export the data to Excel (meaning no need for a T212 API for that), would facilitated life to all stakeholders (T212 and customers), with less time consuming on T212 back-office operations and on investing (with a faster research).