Your Hot šŸ”„ stock recommendations

I wouldnā€™t bet against banks this year. Bought some NU holdings on the dip earlier this week under $6. Tempted to average down on STNE as well, and buy some more CHRY(possibly my favourite IT), given its weightings to Starling and Klarna.

I can only see interest rate rises as a good thing for banks.

1 Like

I agree, although itā€™s a fine tight rope, one end we have the pot of gold and down below we have another recession and people defaulting.

Autodesk also own 3Ds max used in a lot of film and game animation. I hear itā€™s a bit of a b*stard to use though and quite buggy. It looks like Weta and Blender are preferred tools but another string in their bow

Applied Materials are the experts in deposition. Theyā€™re not a chipmaker as such, just a constituent part. Their biggest competitor at the moment is ASM International on the Dutch market who are under 10 billion m/c at the mo and have restarted growth. Thereā€™s also LAM as you say, KLA and Synopsys that are growing parts of the market. On the podcast I put forward SiTime as another potential fast grower, their chips are used to replace the Quartz crystal tech you commonly see in clocks and watches.

So ASML is the daddy of the industry. No ASML no chipmakers. Theyā€™re a defacto monopoly with zero competition at the top end. Their UV chipmaking machines are unparalleled and their new EUV machines only push them further infront of the competition - so much so that Intel has paid them multi billions of dollars just to get a few first. Parts supply is key here and ASML have bought up bits of or all of their supply chain including parts of lens makers like Carl Zeiss. As much as ASML donā€™t like it, their ban from selling to places like China keeps them infront and means the likelihood of their tech being reverse engineered is lower. ASML will grow at 25% per year for the next decade, unchallenged. As a monopoly you pay whatever you pay for that imo.

2 Likes

So if I were to buy ASML would you consider the NL listing over the NASDAQ? Not only is the dividend higher albeit slight but the tax I believe would be lower too. What are your thoughtā€™s on this? @Scrooge_McCodf

Very insightful, thanks!

I buy the Dutch listing. I donā€™t worry about witholding taxes, I prefer liquidity.

2 Likes

Thanks for this thread. it is always good to have many eyes rather than just one eye to spot the gem. Is it possible to also provide the reason Why you own it ? Pro and Contra, etc

As suggested by Peter Lynch one of the greatest HFs managers on earth "Know what you own and why you own it ??. His philosophy to beat the market.

I think it is good as a starting point for people who do not own that stock but interested in initiating DYOR ??

3 Likes

Imo, $MULN would be a great option atm especially with all the current catalysts. This article is pretty comprehensive and detailed, it covers most of the information on the company MULN Stock - Where to Next? - Penny Stocks Today
Iā€™d also recommend you check twitter and reddit for additional information.

Iā€™m seeing this one getting pumped everywhere at the moment

2 Likes

Yup, I was wondering whether this post should be flagged.
But Derrick could be a nice guy. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Derrick if youā€™re doing the board dirty Iā€™ll Liam Neeson you

2 Likes

People get in $MULN just for the short squeeze. Like any other shot squeeze play, it is good if you could get there earlier before the stock is making a run. Otherwise there high chance you will be holding the bag, if the short squeeze do not materialised.
It is getting FOMO pump ahead of Earning Season which will be published by the end of March 2022.

It might a good long term play as they are in development of EVs, solid-state battery technology with a lot of positive coverage. The only problem is that if they can not raise enough cash to fund their project. The only way to survive is to do share offering or collapse.

Current Ratio 0.49 they do not have enough current asset to cover their current liability

1 Like

Itā€™s the latest ā€œTelsa Killerā€. :rofl:

Too many people screaming ā€œape armyā€ and ā€œshort squeeeeze!ā€, which is why i didnā€™t buy some at $0.80. Maybe the jokes on me?

Completely speculative and v high risk. Balance sheet is non existent. Fair value around $0.40. Complete pump and dump.

1 Like

Came here to say ASML. Iā€™d thrown it on the ā€˜too hardā€™ pile as I felt I didnā€™t understand the industry enough but have finally built up enough conviction to start buying. Itā€™s probably the biggest monopoly out there from what I can tell.

Only risk I see is the cyclical nature of the semi industry if there is a glut of supply down the road. In previous downswings they have had customers cancel contracted orders ect and they also trade (IMO justifiably) at a bit of premium so short to medium term multiple contraction could happen.

I agree. Asianometry on Youtube covers ASML really well if you want to broaden your understanding.

1 Like

Will definitely check them out thanks. For, like, the worldā€™s 29th largest company there is very little market interest from retail investors. I donā€™t think they even have a subreddit or discord. Seems like everyone prefers AMD/Nvidia

Itā€™s just brands theyā€™ve heard of or used I think.

Hereā€™s a good chart that breaks down what everyone does and their part of the process.

FO8ogkmXwAoDLLo-1

4 Likes

Yeah I also suppose chip design IP is far more scaleable then ASML which is a low unit, pure hardware company with a comparatively limited production capacity.

Higher risk/reward and as you say, people know and follow them a lot more as they are B2C.

I try and only invest in monopolies ā€˜coughā€™ I mean businesses with ā€˜moatsā€™ so ASML fits my criteria.

Whilst not hardcore DD this recent CNBC video triggered me to question why I hadnā€™t seriously read up on them as Iā€™d been loosely tracking it for ages

1 Like

Probably not everyoneā€™s cup of tea, but I see value in BARC and RMG right now. Possibly even MNG and LGEN as well. All carry decent yields with good dividend cover, and some even trading at a discount to nav.

3 Likes