A question about my investment into SPACs please

Hi all

I am a just wondering what happens to my investments in SPACs when they do merge?

For example, say I have $100 in Hennessy Capital stock, what happens if I still have the $100 when they become Canoo? Is there any way I can lose money on these mergers?

Many thanks in advance if you can help
Davielovesgravy

1 Like

The only way you lose money is if the value of the stock depreciates on or after the merger.

As far as the transition goes itโ€™s seamless. The, merger takes place and your Hennessy Capital holding is renamed to Canoo and the ticker changes.

1 Like

Ah brilliant thanks so much for clearing that up for me, thatโ€™s what I thought would and should happen.

Can I also ask is there anywhere on this community that people give tips for good upcoming stocks To invest in please? I check out (and Really appreciate) the โ€œIPOs launching todayโ€ that you post every day but where else on here can I be looking for some stock tips?

Thanks again
Davielovesgravy

Not sure about tips. I would guess the majority of the advice youโ€™d get in here is do your own research. No one wants to be on the hook for suggesting you a dud.

There are plenty of threads that have sharing of ideas. You just need to take a wander through the Investing and Active Trading forum sections.

2 Likes