About the 🥧 Pies & AutoInvest category

Have a question about AutoInvest? Or maybe you need a different perspective on your pie strategy?

2 Likes

Let me kick off with a question. I made my first pie of 10 stocks: ABBV, AMZN, BLK, BMY, CRM, IBM, KO, MDLZ, NVDA, T. Being a scrooge at this experimental stage I invested just £10 with equal weights, so £1 per stock. That worked!

I now own princely sum of 0.000506 AMZN. So this begs the question, how is this possible, since in fractional shares AMZN has minimum order size of 0.001?

Several minutes later, my pie is still showing as worth £10.00 Is this because there is some minimum resolution to which values are calculated? Are they calculated in real time the same as with normal investments? Would I really be able to sell my pie for £10 right now? All 10 stocks are showing white (no change), not red or green like my ordinary investments.

I did this in an ISA account because I am worried about the difficulty of keeping track of capital gains tax liability in an invest account. I see that by using the investments tab I can explore the history of each purchase, i.e for IBM I had this

However, if one is to be able to keep track of these details it really would be helpful if it were possible to access csv data of trade data, ready for me to paste into a spreadsheet.

@George, @Team212, I have a question regarding Pies.
Today I’ve decided to transfer some shares from a Pie to a different Pie. First I’ve had to export them from the old Pie and then import them to the new Pie. When I’ve exported the shares, they mixed with my manually bought shares and now it’s a mess. Is there a way to transfer the rest of the whole share to the pie? It’s a little OCD moment for me. :sweat_smile:

Question.
Moving stocks between pies and investments sections. (Am quite new here).

Can see you can import current investments into a pie, but can you do the reverse?

Yes, you can import and export shares from and to your Pie. We have a short step-by-step guide in our Help Centre with screenshots for both processes. You can find how the export function works on this page.