Removing from pie without selling

Be nice if the pie editing feature would give you a choice of when removing a stock from a pie that you could just move it back to your investments or sell the stock .Think sometimes you may want to just change the stocks in a pie without having to sell that stock as I personally have pies with auto invest and stocks outside pies which I add too manually

1 Like

We’re developing a feature for importing / exporting shares. I think its the solution you seek :slight_smile:

12 Likes

If you need a beta tester… :wink:

1 Like

We need :slight_smile: As soon as it’s ready we’ll update all betas.

6 Likes

Fantastic that’s great news apart from that the pies are a very valuable tool for smaller investor like myself fractional shares have been a game changer for me and pies only add value to that well done t212 !!

3 Likes

Looking forward to this, I’ve got some shares in multiple pies that I want to move out of one and into the other so I’m not duplicating :joy: wasn’t always thinking about these things while messing with them.

1 Like

That is why beta tests are done. We are the “guinea pigs” for testing current features and undiscovering new one! :grinning:

Oh yes, for sure. I’m fully aware of the benefits of testing and have uncovered and reported on a few bugs during the duration of the beta, plus it’s fun getting to play with new features.

I don’t always think about the ramifications of my actions when I’m doing a “what happens if I try this” kind of action. At work I can just reset everything back to the beginning so it’s a little odd having to consider how it will affect me in the future :sweat_smile:

I tried to put Tesla in more than one pie but couldnt, are you saying you have the same share in more than one pie?
Thanks

Yes, as an example I have apple in my big boys pie and in my pattern 2 dividend pie. Others that are in multiple pies include mcdonalds, Coca-Cola, Microsoft, and so on :joy:

Also ignore my pie naming. I’m waiting for pie in pie so I can make a “race” pie pitting the big boys pie against the stonks pie.

2 Likes

ok thanks i need to try again then,R

I got AAPL/AMZN/FB/MSFT in 2 different :pie:… no issue whatsoever

1 Like

Has this been implemented or added to beta yet? I really want to move out of a pie or edit my pie without selling.

EDIT: I found it. Don’t know why this article comes up as first. See here: Pies - Import / Export investments