Add 'Pots' to Cash ISA

Please add pots as a feature for Cash ISA. Would be really handy to have pots which can be named anything, e.g. Holidays, Renovations etc, to split savings into different areas. You’d then also need the ability to transfer between main balance and pots balances etc. Tandem Bank does this quite well, but I know T212 could do a great job of it!

6 Likes

Yes, this is what Zopa have and I use it extensively. It’s so useful.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion :pray: I’ve already passed it on for consideration and will let you know if there’s any news about having such an option.

2 Likes

Just going to steal my idea then…

You now owe me commission, I accept gold or cash.

Thank you. Please come again.

1 Like

Hey Trading 212 admin

When the Cash ISA launched, one of the suggestions was to have different pots within the cash ISA for savings goals.

Has there been any progress on this, as I am having to use my stocks ISA and use empty pies to keep my savings pots separate.

It would just be easier to keep it all in my cash ISA.

Thank you.

from a future millionaire… yep.

1 Like

Good idea this. I find having separate pots really useful, just to mentally segregate say emergency funds from other savings.

@mev202 how do you create an empty pie (i.e. without an instrument)?
I tried creating one myself but it does not let me unless I have at least one instrument in it.

@mev202, currently, I can’t provide any updates. I’ll let you know as soon as there’s any news, though :pray:

3 Likes

Hey.

You eat all the insides and leave the crust… my attempt at humour.

What you do is make a pie, add one stock. I normally use Apple as the US opening hours are key to how I use the pie.

I am in the UK, so the US stock exchange does not open until the afternoon for me.

So before the stock exchange opens, I add the money I want to save to the pie with the Apple stock in it, you will get a pop up saying it will complete the investment when the stock exchange opens, tap ok, then at the top of the pie you will see a progress bar, click on this and click cancel. This will stop the transaction completing, but will leave the funds in the pie, uninvested, so they will also earn interest.

IT IS IMPORTANT THE STOCK EXCHANGE THE SHARE SITS IN IS CLOSED before you send the buy order and then cancel it. This is why I use the USA, as on my pay day, I deposit funds into my trading212, buy the shares I want to and then put some away into my empty pie for my savings targets in the morning before the exchange opens.

This is an unofficial way of doing this and is it at your own risk.

2 Likes

Much obliged.

I need at least 20 characters, so here are a few more letters.

@mev202 I tok the opportunity today to work on this and I am able to create an ISA pie with a sample stock in it. How do I move a portion of my ISA money that I already hold in my account to this pie.

When I select to Invest in the pie I think it expects me to transfer funds from external source as it shows that my ISA is maxed out and does not show available Free Funds in the account as it usually does when I buy a stock.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Yes. But will this feature be added?