Add Trailing Stop Loss To Invest

Add your support here: Features Roadmap 2021 - #20 by TraderJoe

Hi @Team212
I see that in CFD you can use trail stops. Is this an option to have in the invest and/or ISA accounts in the future. I think this would be a good option for people who want to buy some slightly riskier assets.
Thanks

3 Likes

Hi,
How long should we wait for trailing stop Loss? We need it ,

1 Like

to be fair, it’s a ‘want’ far more than it is a ‘need’. most of us use the Invest account perfectly fine without it and have no issues.

It is a need or want ,doesn’t make any difference ,
Chasing is the issue,
I hope we can have it as soon as possible.

1 Like

I’d like to add that it’s useful to be added as a percentage of the price and not as a clear amount of let’s say 20€. Or at least to be given an option to choose from both.

1 Like

Pls make this happen. It would have protected my profits today

@David If trailing stop isn’t possible anytime soon, would you be able to put the stop loss on the chart and allow it to be manually moved like price alerts? This would speed up the process significantly. I’m currently loathed to use a stop loss as if a price spikes up I can’t sell without cancelling the stop loss first. If the stop was a movable target on the chart I could just drag it above the peak and job done (probably with a dialogue box to confirm the trade in case of errors, or not wanting to sell full position). To avoid errors, maybe the handle to move a stop loss could be on the right hand axis closer to the current price action?

Cheers

Why are you schooling a user who is just asking for a feature that is not out of this world? I appreciate your support and help to us on the forum, but I often find your replies rubbing me the wrong way. I am sure you are a great person, but I can only talk about what I read here.

Hello

Are there any plans to add this feature to invest and ISA accounts ?

Also will call options be added in the future ?

Thank you

Yes please to both. :+1:

I know trailing stop loss is available for only CFD, but not in INVEST. Why?

I’m a short term investor using pennystocks and I would like to secure my profit using trailing stop, instead of stop loss or limit.

4 Likes

Perhaps it is something they will add in the future. Not entirely sure.

You may be aware, but just be mindful that if the liquidity of the penny stock is bad, you may not be able to sell at the price you wish even with a STOP loss set as the price may gap/spike down.

Hope they add trailing stop…

I’m aware of the risk, but luckily I haven’t had these issues yet.

1 Like

I would appreciate it too, but on the other hand, I doubt we’ll get all “pro” features for free.

Hello 212, is there an update on this topic. Will there be a trailing stop loss function added to the platform?

I need this feature if I am to continue using this platform

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Yes - we intend to add it, but cannot commit to a timeline yet.

4 Likes

The ability to set an automatic stop loss would be great to help protect against sudden market drops.

4 Likes

Stop loss is a trading tool and has no real place in an ISA which is for investments of mid- long-term.

Why do you need a stoploss? Even then it’s a pretty horrid feature even in trading.

2 Likes

I disagree that a stop loss is wrong for ISAs or that ISAs are specifically focused on long term investment. They are just a tax free wrapper. A day trader is actually better off using an ISA vs GIA. Also, stop loss does not necessarily mean short term focus.

If it were a SIPP then I’d agree.

5 Likes