Arcutis Biotherapeutics Inc

@robertbanking Iā€™ll have a look at Ryan Air over the weekend.

If you look at past comments youā€™ll see Iā€™ve posted about MVIS and SMX fairly recently. MVIS is showing some strength and arguably there has been resistance levels at 2.33 and 2.45 which is has tentatively broken. Iā€™ve been buying at the $2 level. The real test is whether it can push $2.65/2.70 resistance. My position is a speculative one based on fundamentals. Theyā€™ve said that they expect major deals by the end of the year. As Iā€™ve previously said there is the risk that they will not announce any deal but itā€™s likely to be extremely positive if they do. The price got to 2.33 on the 6 Nov only to drop back but the second attempt rose to 2.64 before pulling back to finish at 2.35 above the 2.33 resistance. It now appears to have broken the 2.33 resistance so it will be interesting to see what happens during next week.

SMX is another interesting one but in some ways the opposite of MVIS. Again my own view (dyorā€¦) is there is even more chance of a big announcements and potentially very soon (ie the valuation of TrueGold which is a joint venture between SMX and the Perth Mint - again see my previous comments). I think the whole valuation of TrueGold is SMX trying to get the share price to reflect what they consider fair value. Interesting that demand for share lending on T212 (in the Invest account) has gone to none suggesting shorts have cleared out. However, I say that it is the opposite of MVIS in that the price is just showing weakness. It has been dripping down and shows no sign of reversing (although again Iā€™ve been buying). Its a microcap company and the current price gives it a market cap of only $3million so if there was major news it could really have a dramatic effect. However, I would have thought that would be reflected in the share price.

Thus from a chart perspective two stock that might be interesting to watch next week

1 Like

Thank you very much for another exceptional post from you WakeMeUp, i am really thankful and forever grateful for your kindness. You are a wonderful person, thanks again for your support with this. You are the best person i have ever spoken to on any investment forum.

I have been looking at MVIS today and this does seem a very exciting stock, it could be worth putting a small amount here to see what happens. There is alot of Insider Activity buys which is very promising, which has happened very recently. I can understand why the lidar sensors they develop for advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) could be tremendously valuable. This company has a very small cap so any deal could send this stock very high. Thank you so much for sharing this company it really looks very exciting, i will continue researching up on this.

Very sorry to ask as i know you must be busy with everyday life, but if you kindly please had any thoughts on Ryanair, i would be forever grateful and it would be highly appreciated? Its a difficult one as i believe the business model is really good but i am not sure about buying on an all time high at this point.

I will leave you in peace as i am sure you are incredibly busy, but you are a wonderful and amazing person. You have given me a few ideas to implement into my own investment checklists, so thank you very much. I am confident you will do amazing in life, as you are very intelligent and its clear that by working out a strategy you are comfortable with you can do very well.

Have a fantastic weekend and hope you, friends and family are all doing well. Very best wishes to you. With my every best wish WakeMeUp.

Hi Robert. I hope youā€™re having a good weekend.

RyanAir is an interesting one. Itā€™s not a company that I follow and thus I hadnā€™t seen the chart. Obviously I have no idea whatā€™s going to happen next but here are a few comments for what theyā€™re worth:

As you say it is a fairly well run and efficient company. Iā€™ve flown with them but have mixed views about them mainly because I donā€™t think budget/low cost needs to equal bad customer service and I think their customer service is good a lot of the time but there are the high profile occasions when it isnā€™t (ie failing to give statutory refunds or compensation).

Having never looked at the chart I find it interesting. For example in July the price gapped down and dropped about 10% but then had an extended period of trading in a narrow channel. Youā€™d probably expect a big gap and move would be followed by more volatility or a up or down trend. After a month moving sideways it then went into a pretty steady downtrend. Prior to the July gap down there had been a good 20% rise in the share price but depending where you draw the trendlines for that 16/3/2023 to 13/7/2023 rise the uptrend was showing signs of weakening in early July and had created a weak SR line at 108. Iā€™ve drawn a solid yellow line where the price was testing the lower side of the rising trend. The July results were pretty good (above expectations) but the price gapped down and stayed down. Thus I donā€™t think you can simply say the results are X so the price should do Y. There clearly isnā€™t a strong correlation between what the price does (short term) and the results. Back in Nov 2022 the results didnā€™t meet expectations but the price rose then had a brief flat period and then a very strong rise before good results which resulted in a flat price. I am sure that there is a correlation between results and price but it isnā€™t an obvious simple one.

So looking at the current chart, the price dropped from the fairly stable 100 channel to circa 88 and arguably had a couple of days fairly flat at that price (solid purple line). I havenā€™t drawn it on the chart but there is a good SR level at $90 created between Jan and Apr 2023 and on multiple prior occasions. At the end of Oct 2023 the price had broken below $90 but held on to it (so not a convincing break but nevertheless it was below 90 for a few days).

There was very little to suggest a strong positive move and arguably only the one red candlestick before the rise that could be weakly argued to hint at a possible rise. That final red candlestick could be argued to break or at least test a descending trendline and the $90 level but it closed roughly at the previous open (and below 90) so definitely wasnā€™t very convincing. However, the next day was a big gap up and close green. The following day was a small gap up and closed green but with a big wick forming a hammer candlestick (sometimes bearish). The top of the wick was at $95.89 which was the low point of when it was in the 100 channel so it hadnā€™t even broken that resistance level and got back to the 100 channel. Thus gapping up two days in a row and green on both days was very positive but still meant that the results were a gamble. Personally if I was bullish about the results I would have bought at 90 but it would have been risky because the next major SR level below 90 is some distance so it could have dropped a lot. However, I would probably have been tempted at 90 because the travel sector has been fairly bullish this year and there were several indications that Ryanair were probably doing reasonably well. I am not sure that I would have bought the day before the results in the mid 90s because of the hammer candlestick and significant risk that it would drop back to 90 or below. However, from the chart, positive results could have resulted in either the price staying in a 90-95 channel, a 90-100 channel or back into the channel around 100 that it had after the July results. None of those were terribly exciting prospects thus not worth the risk (imo) the day before results with the price already just below 95.

As it turns out the price gapped up opening above 100 (so a strong move up) only to close red below 100. Thus a very strong gap up but a lot of selling to close red. Thus the rise since then is rather surprising. During the recent rise the price often opens below the previous close but then finishes green above the previous close. Thus rising closes. there has been one red candlestick but even closing red the closing price that day was above the previous close and had a wick and tail so was an indecision candlestick. If you ignore that single red candlestick the next two days were both green with rising closing values (but also lower opens). Then the price gapped up with strong green candlesticks with repeatedly higher closes (but again often opening down from the previous close).

The last two days the closing price has effectively been flat. It is possible that it will continue rising (like it did after the single red candlestick) but it looks to me more like its hit a strong resistance level. If you go back the current price is a significant resistance level from 2021/early 2022. It did break this price twice to go on to 125 but on both occasions (Nov 21 and Feb 22) dropped back. Thus if the price does continue to rise it will have strong resistance at 125 but I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see the price sit at the current level for a few days before deciding what to do or possibly dropping back to 112.

If there are projecting strong growth in passenger numbers then I suspect that will translate to a target price for funds but history suggests that it is difficult for us simple investors to translate results/forecasts into target prices for what will happen to the price. I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see the price test 125 some time in the near future but if it does I think there is a reasonable change of volatility before it rises to 125 and/or after it hits 125.

If it breaks 125 then it will be a very bullish move but I would have thought that there would be a lot of selling. A lot of people will be in profit and nervous that it is at an all time high and thus they donā€™t know where it will go. Thus significant potential for volatility. However, if you believe in the fundamentals and if they are projecting strong growth (I havenā€™t looked at the projections so donā€™t know how good they are) then taking a cautious approach there should be good opportunities to trade any volatility. The big two questions are whether it will break the 118 level to go to 125 and then whether it has the strength at some stage to break 125

ryanair

FDA has accepted ARQT application and the price has been showing a bit of strength in the last few days but has been unable to breakout so it will be interesting to see how it goes

Well done @robertbanking I hope you do well with this.

Iā€™ve just got notification that the price hit $3.14 after close after being around $2 a week or so ago.

News just out >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

FDA Approves Arcutisā€™ ZORYVEĀ® (roflumilast) Topical Foam, 0.3% for the Treatment of Seborrheic Dermatitis in Individuals Aged 9 Years and Older

edit: --------------------------------------

This is from one of the news feeds. The shares are slightly higher than this feed says (currently over $3). I suspect that the key part will be the last sentence. If they are able to start sales by the end of January then the next earnings call should include an update and this is an early stage pharma that has only fairly recently started generating revenues. The share price is down significantly over the last 12 months (it was $27 in August 2022) so it has huge potential to the upside but I suspect a lot will depend on what the revenue forecast are

News feed >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Shares of Arcutis Biotherapeutics rose late Friday after the companyā€™s treatment for a skin condition was approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
The stock was up 18% to $2.89 in after-hours trading, following a 3.9% drop at Fridayā€™s close. Shares are down about 84% this year.
Zoryve topical foam has been approved for the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis, a skin condition which mostly affects the scalp, the Westlake Village, Calif.-based dermatology company said.
A cream form of Zoryve was already approved by the FDA for the topical treatment of plaque psoriasis in patients 6 years of age and older. Net product revenues for the cream were $8.1 million in the third quarter, Arcutis reported last month.
Arcutis said it plans to make the topical foam widely available by the end of next month.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your comments WakeMeUp, you are always a star and i am forever grateful for your thoughts and opinions here.

I have completely exited my position in Arcutis Biotherapeutics after being excited from the rise, that was the approval of the Zoryve topical foam, this is an exciting development for the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis. However i think i overlooked the long term fundamentals of the business have now changed significantly, in terms of the company is now making the foam widely available by the end of the month.

Like you mentioned the shares are down around 84% this year, so these increased earnings from the Zoryve foam could have a significant impact on the rise of the share price. Do you kindly have any thoughts on the share chart please, on what your thoughts are from here on whether the share might start an uptrend, or do you think this is a temporary rise we are seeing please? If you kindly had any thoughts on this i would be forever grateful and thankful it would mean the world to me.

Sending you lots of good wishes WakeMeUp and i hope you have continued success in the stock market and you are happy and healthy. Very best wishes to you and thanks so much for your amazing and helpful posts you are a fantastic member of this community.

Hi Robert. I think I told you that after the approval was announced I expected some strength until results in Feb because the company said that it would immediate start supplying the medication and thus it will immediately increase revenues. Thus even though it wonā€™t be reflected in the next results (I think in Feb) I would expect some guidance or forward looking comments (and questions in the conference call). Iā€™ve therefore been trading it since the approval was announced and I flagged to you that 3.80 may be a significant level.

Looking at the chart there is the long term down trend. On the chart below Iā€™ve drawn a down trend line in white but where you put the down trend is probably very personal. However, the line that Iā€™ve drawn (which is the line that I put on the chart in December) has been followed by the price for the last few days.

It isnā€™t 100% certain that the downtrend is broken but personally I think it is looking that way. What isnā€™t clear is whether the price will range trend sideways or will form an uptrend. Personally I suspect there could be strength leading up to the next earnings (on the expectation that there will be positive forward looking commentary particularly in terms of profitability). Also there has already been one upgrade from neutral to buy so that will add to the strength. What is much less certain is what will happen after the next results and I suspect that is highly dependant on comments regarding profitability and revenue projections.

The next resistance levels are 4.80-5.00 and 5.75. The price this morning is testing above $4 so there is a risk that it will revert to a $3-$4 range for a bit but I think there are signs that it will test a breakout above $4 in which case I would be looking at a $4-$5 range

arqt2

OK since I replied the price has broken $4 so it will be interesting to see whether the price stays clear of both $4 and $3.80 (I think 3.80) was a clearer resistance level). If the price can avoid touching Ā£3.80 for the next week I think it will be a good positive indication in terms of the prices strength.

As I say, I think longer term a lot will depend on the commentary associated with the results

@robertbanking well done amazing performance. sub $2 to hit $10 today