ARK ETFs - Top10 compilations 📈

I wish you’d realise how insignificantly trivial the differences between the options you provide, or trying to keep up to date daily weekly on any given investing scenario.

Thanks for the heads up! There seemed to be an issue with Google Sheets importing the spreadsheets, it’s fixed now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please enlighten me! I’d love to know also. What would you suggest? Are you suggesting it would be better to worry a lot less about daily/weekly/constant rebalancing? I’m all ears to your advice. In fact I welcome it, so please try to communicate it so that I can learn something. :raised_hands:

I’m still having trouble unfortunately! It doesn’t seem to be drawing in any of the holdings from the CSVs.

Fixed again now and added a script to automate the fix, if it doesn’t hold I have some more options. Seems to be a long standing issue with Google Sheets: https://support.google.com/docs/thread/15635541?hl=en

1 Like

Appreciate the effort but it’s goosed again haha

@treeba

Is this all the ark ETF top positions combined into 1 mega Ark invest pie ?

https://www.trading212.com/pies/l71F4dJAcqHItmVp4J5uRsVK3fLq?af=true

@treeba literally just created an account on here to say thank you to you and your work on the spreadsheets.

1 Like

Hey, it’s actually just ARKK, one ETF :slight_smile:

You’re more than welcome!

I’ve now updated the sheets to run a script every hour which updates the spreadsheets, ImportData just wasn’t working well for this usage. Let me know if there are any more problems!

at the moment there over 100 stocks in all the active etfs so it’s not possible, but i have creted for my self split in different pies but each position is unique no repetition over ark pies

I am in no position to enlighten anyone, as my profile says “i am a random guy from internet” don’t listen to me :slight_smile: But since I’ve been investing for some time I know “sleep quality” is as important as gains. Stressing out for investments frequently does not help especially if you think you are going to this over a few decades.

The minute changes daily are most likely happening due to price changes, and I am going to take a shot in the dark and say your investment size is not as big as ARK invest.

Even the buy-sell spread of executing orders in 30+ instruments daily will eat into what ever edge you are trying to gain.

If I were trying to replicate any given ETF within a pie, I’d do the following:

• depending on the size of the ETF copy top 10/20/30 holdings, since ARK pies are rather small it is ok to copy all.
  • I get paid monthly so I’d do monthly contributions to the pie. Before doing this I’d go in adjust the updated ratios, and invest in using the option “self balancing” image
  • After the new deposit is invested check the percentages and see if there is something massively different. I would not do a “rebalance” for a few holdings off by 0.1, but if there are big changes in multiple holdings hit the rebalance button.
3 Likes

@treeba

https://trading212.com/pies/l71JNs2cBNG3OCG2HItkGuVCGIdV

Ive never really been into ark invest, but i must say ive been reading about them for 6 hours straight, really intresting.

I kinda made a “demo” pie of what i would consider a stable pie with most stocks from arks’s genomic revolution + autonomous tech / robot etf

I left out tesla from the pie as ive been a long term buyer anyways

Whats you opinion on this?

I max it at about 20 stocks, as i dident want it to be “too wide”

Also took a few stocks from there other ETF’s

1 Like

Hello Rygel, can I ask if you are still just following the ETF and adjusting on a monthly basis? I am debating in my head whether I should do it weekly, 2 weekly or monthly? As I’m afraid of missing out on a big stock movement, that could have been introduced weeks before I have replicated it in my own pie

1 Like

Once per month works for me as this is how I get my salary.
If you want to follow it more closely you can do how it works for you(even daily).
But it’s too big of a hassle for me as I like it to be more passive.

2 Likes

Thanks Rygel! Super useful reply.

I’ve been considering daily updates, but after checking I will have 127 holdings to update each day. It’s a bit of a mission!

Considering that you you invest via self-balancing, have you found your returns to be relatively similar to ARK? Would you be be concerned about holding a stock for too long (and then losing a significant chunk due to any big sell offs, etc.)? Do you check the daily emails for any big sells/buys?

I’d be curious to know how things would change for this type of ARK pies setup in a bear market! It would have to be frequently updated at that stage, right? To avoid big loses.

Thanks for your advice! Since learning about Trading 212 Pies, I’m now happily invested in ARKK, ARKG, ARKQ, and ARKF. But I’m thinking about trimming down on ARKQ and ARKG to consolidate into ARKK and ARKF for simplicity. This would make it a lot easier to track ARK on daily/weekly basis.

FYI to all: LSE:KSPI (Kaspi.kz JSC ADR) added this morning.

I believe Woods’ rabble bought some yesterday… :+1:t2:

Now that Pie copying is available, I’m shamelessly plugging my pie links, hopefully it helps some people who were doing this manually previously!

ARKK
ARKQ
ARKW
ARKG
ARKF

I’m currently updating these to match my spreadsheet weekly!

4 Likes