AutoInvest Failed (US Holiday)

I have my AutoInvest schedule set to deposit every Friday. For the previous weeks this has worked fine but ran into an issue today.

Currently have 2 pies, one has 100% US stocks, the other has 2 UK stocks and the rest US.

So the money was deposited successfully but one pie failed to invest entirely (100% US) and the other one was partially successful. I got these notifications.

I would have expected since the US markets are on holiday today the orders would just be left pending until Monday, but there are no pending orders.

3 Likes

Saved me having to type the same text :joy:

I have the same, however it appears that the funds have gone into the pie as cash.
Therefore all I’m intending to do is rebalance the pie on Monday when USA reopens.

Whats the best way of getting the cash to be invested without it selling any minor holdings of overweight lines. Assume just add some additional funds and it will also include the cash sat in pie. It seems to do that with the pennies in there normally.

indeed add minimum manual funds and set to self-balance. it won’t make up for the missed pricing, but it will strengthen your portfolio a little by capitalising on the previous weeks downwards trend.

@Team212 Has anyone had a chance to look into this?

That is how it should have worked, yes. However, we found a bug caused by market holidays and we’ll fix it.

2 Likes

Same issue was happening with manual deposits into pies during the US holiday, UK stocks got bought, US stocks purchases failed and the cash left in pie as free cash rather than being left pending with funds blocked.

I’m assuming it was caused by the same bug.

Yes, it’s the same :slight_smile:

Autoinvest and rebalancing failing - is this an error on just on holidays or weekends too?
I’m assuming this is related to the above and is still in the process of being fixed.

I am a little worried though as I have US and UK stocks and I’m now thinking I shouldn’t autoinvest or rebalance unless both markets are open to avoid errors and a messy pie!

1 Like

I had the same issue, not a massive problem and great to hear that it’s a known bug that’s being looked into! Just one additional price of information from myself. - instead of rebalancing my pies and therefore potentially instruments that are doing quite well and adding weight to instruments that are not doing so well, I prefer to just invest but set the price to zero, and allow it to just invest the free funds that failed the first time round. However it is currently not allowing me to do this, only invest zero or a minimum of £50, with my free funds added on top. Is this a new feature to stop people investing too little as it can be hard to distribute, or part of the same issue? Thanks and hope everyone is having a great Christmas!

My autoinvest day was yesterday (monday) which was holiday too (otc markets close). I expected that investing will go next day but funds are sitting as cash in the pie and waiting for next autoinvest day to be invested. This is problem, because there are several occasions in the year where you can hit the free days two times in a row of your funding day and your pie is screwed. Imagine you are funding your pie once a month and you hit free day two months in a row.
I withdrew my pie’s cash and invested it manually.