AutoInvest - Feedback

@George Great work with new featuresā€¦ Looking forward to Auto-Invest from ā€˜free fundsā€™ , as I will be doing daily cost averaging and this will be to much hassle to track. So canā€™t use auto invest at the moment unfortunatly.

I have come accross 2 issuesā€¦ First, I tried to withdraw from one pie and it seemed to be frozen, so I hit cancel and it has been stuck at ā€˜canceling 50%ā€™ now for a few hours.

Second, I tried to do a rebalance in another pie and it is stuck at ā€˜Rebalancing 95%ā€™ for a few hours also.

1 Like

Seriously 212. First impression was this feature is ā€˜revolutionaryā€™ but after using now for a few days and making a few pies, deposits and the way you can control % contributions. I think revolutionary is an understatement.

Absolutely great work and makes the process of saving and investing, look and feel fantastic.

12 Likes

First autoinvests went through perfectly today.

Got a question, how much is normal to have left in the cash category after an auto invest ? And for what reason could it be that it wasnā€™t invested?

1 Like

Would be great to be able to do a stop order on selling an entire Pie if it dips below a certain amount.

2 Likes

The money that as deposited over the weekend through auto-invest hasnā€™t been invested for me

Hello, is it possible to have an option that automatically reinvests dividends earned into the same company that generated them? As opposed to either doing it manually or having them auto invested according to the targets.

1 Like

Create a pie with only that company in it. :slight_smile:

DRIP for individual companies is being developed

5 Likes

I look forward to this fix which has been flagged as possible: to make things that appear on the desktop copyable by highlighting and CTRL-C. There is useful information in the History, but at present the only way I can access it is by manual reading and transcription. E.g. I cannot CTRL-C the 0.018696 below.

However, as a tip: some others may like to know that that one exception is the data that appears in the Position History that can be accessed by right-clicking on an instrument in the Open positions list, eg. the figure 0.067326 below is ready for a CTRL-C CTRL-V copy-paste. I find it weird that copying from the screen is possible in this one place, but no other.

On the phone app things are different. I can press on any item in the History to copy it to the clipboard.

The function I need most is an easy way to copy the number of fractional shares. It is tedious in the extreme to have to update my shares owned in my records by manually transcribing things like 0.018696. The ideal solution will of course be history data that can be exported as .csv for spreadsheets. I am pleased to hear that this is in the works for later this year.

3 Likes

Hello @George two days ago I made a pie to check how it works, yesterday I had a cancelling error, which was fixed this morning but now my pie is missing cash. Could you have a look?

Hey @George, is there any way of removing a stock from a pie without it eventually been sold?

You can remove the slice which will effectively set its target to 0%. This will prevent further investing in this slice. However, you canā€™t ā€œexportā€ the shares outside the pie without selling them.

Thanks George, what if in the event of rebalancing it would then sell off the stock automatically what happens if i dont want to sell the stock and just hold even after a rebalancing? Would this be something that could be added in the future?

Rebalancing will equalise actual to target values and will sell those shares. We will most likely go in the direction of implementing functionality to move slices between pies, to export a slice as an individual investment, to import import shares as a slice in the pie, etc. :slight_smile: In short our goal is eventually shares and pies to become as easily managed as you manage your files and folders on your Mac/PC

13 Likes

Hi there @regatron7,
We have logged this now and we will look further into it for you. Weā€™ll keep you posted.

2 Likes

Awesome. Thanks for the quick replies @George :slight_smile:

:pray: :metal:t2: :metal:t2:

4 Likes

itā€™s now happened again and i feel this has something to do with custom investing in multiple pies at the same time.

again, not sure if anyoneā€™s encountered this before but hereā€™s a piece of feedback for the t212 team. did you guys manage to find out whatā€™s causing this?

Most of the issues everyone is reporting (fortunately) are related to a single bug. Weā€™re working on a permanent fix. Until the fix is ready we will have to ā€œunlockā€ stuck pies manually :slight_smile:

1 Like