AutoInvest - Feedback

Thanks mate, appreciate your help :grinning:

@Team212 Are there by any chance plans to implement feature that we could set certain time during trading hours for our funds to be automatically invested into stocks in our :pie:?

2 Likes

Sure, we certainly want to incorporate more flexibility when it comes to the AutoInvest feature.

Phase 1 of that plan would include adding a wider range of options for daily deposits. Thatā€™ll enable you to choose which days of the week to deposit/invest in.

Anyway, Iā€™ll also forward your feedback to take it one step further and introduce AutoInvest during specific trading hours. Iā€™ll let you know how it all goes :hourglass:

5 Likes

Great news, thank you for all your hard work.

3 Likes

Specific hours is even more important (for me at least). Normally the spreads are high when the market opens so we donā€™t get a good price with auto invest.

3 Likes

yes I stop auto invest because it does not provide you the ability to choose day / time for investing based on economic calendar and opining hours ā€¦ I use standing order instead and manually invest into pie at the right time.

Could it also allow offer the same options as when investing manually - specifically ā€œSelf-balancingā€.
Would be great to have this both for dividend re-investing and auto investing based on free funds.
I had to stop the auto investing as I was having the same issue as others, where the Standing order takes too long to come in a, fails to invest due to the lag.

A direct debit would be so much better. Almost instant so we keep investing regularly without effort.
Thanks

Hmmā€¦ you can already contribute funds to your pie at any time you like. So, Iā€™m not sure I completely get the concept here. Feel free to elaborate, though :pray:

Weā€™ll explore the idea together.

This part makes perfect sense. Iā€™ll run it past the team, and once we decide whether itā€™s something we want to pursue further or not, Iā€™ll let you know!

Hey, sorry if it was not clear.
Self-balancing is only available on manual investments and NOT when using auto-invest.
It would be great to have the same options regardless of what is triggering the investment: user VS auto-invest.

2 Likes

Got it.

Thanks for the additional info. Iā€™ll forward this as well and Iā€™ll keep you posted on how it goes :v:

For me the pies arenā€™t functionally enough yet:

1. Canā€™t select funding currency like with manual orders (I hold three different currencies and want it to draw only on one)
  2. When selecting manual funding for a pie: thereā€™s no option to fund a pie from current funds (ā€œfree fundsā€) in the account, only by new bank transfer.
    2.a.) The slider for selecting the amount is also bugged out for me, it only slides up to the fixed amount of USD 6.67 (which is the minimum investment amount in my example case) for some reason (manual entry with the keypad does work)
  3. If selecting auto-invest: minimum timeframe is one year, Iā€™d like to spread out some purchases over 2-6 months as well
  4. When selecting auto-invest, it says I donā€™t have enough ā€œfree fundsā€ (0.00 USD) even though thereā€™s plenty available in other currencies. It doesnā€™t accept other currencies? The investment vehicles and main funds in my account are in EUR

Pies hold cash in your primary currency. Currently, when adding or taking out funds from your pies, you have to use your primary currency balance. We appreciate the feedback, though and will let you know if there are updates :pray:

Under the Manual Investing (One-off Payment) option, by default AutoInvest will use your accountā€™s Free Funds and invest them along with any available pie cash :point_down:

Iā€™ll send you a DM as what youā€™ve described sounds strange, and Iā€™ll have to check the situation further.

Weā€™re already considering making the ā€˜AutoInvestā€™ feature more flexible :ok_hand:

Pies hold cash in your primary currency. Currently, when adding or taking out funds from your pies, you have to use your primary currency balance.

Hi Bogi, is it possible to change my primary currency for the mean while? Itā€™s currently USD whereas Iā€™m mainly using EUR. In settings I can only switch between asset currency or primary currency.

Under the Manual Investing (One-off Payment) option, by default AutoInvest will use your accountā€™s Free Funds and invest them along with any available pie cash

I can see whatā€™s causing my issue now. My primary currency on my account is set to USD whereas my free funds are in EUR and GBP. As a result I donā€™t have the option youā€™re describing.

Iā€™ll react to your DM to share my account ID. Thank you for your quick response!

Bogiā€™s away right now, but Iā€™ll gladly answer all other questions you may have. Currently, the only way to change your primary currency is to close your current account and create a new one afterwards with your preferred currency as the primary one.

Iā€™ll send you a separate DM in a moment to expand on this topic :pray: