AutoInvest - Join the BETA

i think Iā€™m having the same problem. Could you please further explain this rule?

Each stock requires a minimum investment of Ā£0.20. So if you have a stock at 1%, multiply Ā£0.20 by 100 and thatā€™s Ā£20 minimum investment. 0.5% multiplied by 200 is Ā£40 etc.
Multiply by 100 because 1% is 1/100 and multiply by 200 because 0.5% is 1/200

Thanks. Itā€™s working now. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled the Beta. It worked.

1 Like

Hi how can i upgrade my trading 212 mobile account to beta on android device?
Pls help.

Simply read the first post of this thread!

"If you wish to join the beta and get early access to the feature please sign up here "

1 Like

TL,DR
What is the next step for Pies and AutoInvest in regards to integration between different strategies such as Manual Investment, AutoInvestment and Robo Trading Investment?

Manual Pie
Love the pies and love AutoInvestā€¦ The only think I ā€œhateā€ is that I no longer have a clear view of my manual investments. I tend to keep investments into pies smaller (for various reasons, as they are more momentum or long long term buys) than the big manual investments I make based on a lot of research.

Now that I have been using Pies and AutoInvest a bit more I would like to recommend that you look at having some sort of different view or tab or filter or maybe a manual pie to easier find investments that are manually placed. Having a clean easy way to filter manual vs autoinvest would be awesome (I donā€™t know if I am explaining this right :flushed: but I hope the Trading 212 team understands my point :vulcan_salute:). An example is I have 30 fractional shares inside pies but only 4 manual big investments. I would love to be able to have a pie with the 4 manual ones. Or something else that would allow me to very fast have a look and how the 4 manual ones are performing

Overall Portfolio Pies Edit
Another quick recommendation would be to review all the Pies (different strategies that are part of your Overall Portfolio) tighter. Therefore it would be awesome to allow editing all pies and moving auto invested shares between different pies. A case study would be you have share in company A that have bought and plan to hold for 5 years and is part of Pie B that is your momentum that you hope will pay the mortgage faster ā€¦ but then you decide to keep it for 30 years as your strategy changes. As such it would be nice to move this company A stock into Pie C that is your Retirement Pie

Conclusion
It is a very nice feature but I see a big risk of having the tendency of adding more names to your portfolio and creating a management issue as fractional share can be used to grow quite fast and eliminate risk but it also can cause other issues down the line. Image in 3-5 years your users will have 100 different companies inside their portfolio? What happens then? What happens if someone goes wild and has 300 companies inside their portfolio over the next 10-15 years? To add even more complexity we now have Robo Trading as well.

We are moving very :rocket: fast from the concept of individual retail investor to individual hedge fund managers and @George it would be nice to understand where the platform will go next in helping us achieve our goals

You list some good points and good news is, what you are looking for is in the pipeline.

Point 1 - Manual Investments filter

Trading 212 have confirmed that a filter to show Pie investments split from your manual holdings will be possible in a future update.

Point 2 - Move investments between pies

Good News! This is available on the beta version of the App, you can now ā€˜exportā€™ an investment from Pie A (example ā€œGrowth pieā€) to a Pie B (example ā€œRetirement Pieā€), you then have the option of selecting what weighting and target that investment holds in the pie.

Thank you @Drunkebab for the update. I was unaware some of these features are already in the pipeline. Looking forward to the next update then :vulcan_salute:

:flushed: I was not aware of the import/export feature. This solves a lot of my previously mentioned issues. Good job Trading212 team :wink::+1:

https://community.trading212.com/t/pies-import-export-investments/17368/130

Here is the link in case you want to have a look.

1 Like

I set up daily autoinvest, i see next day will be tomorrow (Sunday), i want to ask, autoinvest is only for Monday to Friday or is ā€œworkingā€ for weekends?

1 Like

AutoInvest deposits the amount in your pie on the day that itā€™s scheduled (in your case Sunday), and will fill in your orders on Monday once the market opens. :slight_smile:

I have two questions:

1. For the next steps, are you considering allowing me to choose the distribution policy on each AutoInvest round? I want to auto invest every month, but always using the self-balancing distribution policy - to avoid buying securities that already have a big portion of my pie. Is this being considered?

2. How can I sign up to be a beta user? :upside_down_face:

AutoInvest at the moment allocates your deposited amount by your pieā€™s target weights. You can use the ā€˜Self-balancingā€™ distribution method if you invest the funds Manually every month, but ā€˜self-balancingā€™ for AutoInvest will come in later versions, as @George mentioned here. :slight_smile:

Youā€™ll be able to create a pie and use our AutoInvest feature from the latest iOS/Android app version or through the web platform. :grin: :pie:

1 Like

Any news about the increase @George?

This is becoming a big necessity since the introduction of the 0.7% card fee.

You guys Rock!
Hopefully this will get implemented soon!

@George @Team212
ā€œInvestment Piesā€ is a very great feature and re-balance is the supreme feature. I have a feedback since you always listen to your users.

1. When the user navigate to the ā€œHoldingā€ tab and tap on any holding, the app shall navigate the user to the respective stock view. Which is normally shown when a user tap on a stock.

2. The app shall always show the total amount available for investment.

Best Regards,

This feature has been requested by users for many a moon. I look for it with each app update. I recall we were told that this feature had actually been built into the software, but was switched off for the initial roll-out (for debugging or some data flow optimisation reason, I presume).

2 Likes

Is there any update on the pie into pie feature as m1 Finance?

Hi @George is there any update on this or at least an estimation on when it will arrive?

3 Likes