Cairn special dividend missing

Hi
I have contacted trading212 on numerous occasions regarding my missing special dividend payment but have got no clear answer from them.
I bought just over 1000 on the 6th January,sold on the 8th January which was the ex dividend date but have still to receive the dividend payment…which was supposed to be on the 25th January…
I also held shares in cairn on Hardgreaves Landsdown which I purchased on exactly the same day and sold same time as well and have been paid fully.
Can anyone tell me why the payment hasn’t went through as I am getting no joy from the platform

I’ve experienced a two week delay on several occasions but this looks like it could be longer so I’d be interested to see how long it takes as it seems to be gradually getting longer in general. I don’t hold this stock so would you let us know when you receive it please? I wonder if being a special affects the time too.

I don’t mind waiting for dividends but I just like to keep track so it’s good to know what timeframes others are experiencing so we know what’s normal.

The ex-dividend date of Cairn Energy plc. was the 11th of January, as it can be seen on these 2 sources. To be eligible for a dividend, you need to hold the stock throughout the ex-dividend date. If you sell it before the ex-date, you will not be eligible.
https://www.dividenddata.co.uk/ex-dividend-date-search.py?searchTerm=CNE
https://www.dividendmax.com/united-kingdom/london-stock-exchange/oil-and-gas-producers/cairn-energy-plc/dividends

According to these dates it isn’t though

Hello,

Below, I’ll shed light on the information declared by Cairn Energy.

On the official website of Cairn Energy is pointed out that all holders on the register on 08.01.2021 are eligible for the mentioned dividend, which is actually the last day you can buy ordinary shares and get entitled to the special dividend. In other words, you have to hold the stock throughout the whole 8th of January.

As you can see in the snapshot above, all the eligible holders are taken as of 6:00 PM on 8 January which in fact is after market close (the market closes at 4:30 PM). We understand that the information could baffle you, however, rest assured that the special dividend was distributed correctly to all eligible shareholders.

1 Like