Can we add SPAC Warrants?

Are these something that T212 is prepared to offer on the platform, alongside the regular traded stocks? Personally I find the quite interesting, as with the right stock, it could pay off substantially.

@David @Martin @PeterA

Thanks in advance.

9 Likes

And the spacs to go with it.:+1:

1 Like

Of course. I’m keen to find out if it’s something that they’ll support first, before listing the initial ones required. No point in listing if it’s not going to be able to support.

They obviously go hand in hand with regular shares.

2 Likes

@Martin @David @PeterA Can you possibly let us know if this is possible, and if so, can we get some of the ones for SPACs already listed on T212 added alongside? :grin: Thanks

3 Likes

Yes, please. This will be great

Yes warrants will certainly be great

@mcwilliams91 Probably will, one day.

6 Likes

@David Okay, thanks.

In the interim then, does anyone have good recommendations of who and/or where to pick warrants up from?

Thanks in advance! :v:

1 Like

Interactive Brokers. Shame really as I wanted to keep all investments in one app

3 Likes

I’m with you there @Harveyboy83.

I wonder though, with T212 using Interactive Broker, whether they could be transferred in/over when they’re in the position to offer it. I don’t know if that’s even possible, or permitted, though?

Do we have a rough timeline? 2021? 2022? :smiley:

It’s been a few months since this was asked for. Is this something you can ask the powers at be to add warrants especially for spacs?

2 Likes

Is there anyway to buy SPAC warrant on Trading 212 ? Any info will be very much appreaciated.

Bumped

Any update pls?

This might have been asked before so I apologise as I couldn’t find the latest update. But does trading212 have option to buy warrants in future? Thanks

Hi

INTERACTIVE BROKERS have ability to trade warrants for SPACs. When will this happen with 21?

Thanks

See @David’s reply above @Maj1986!

Don’t think their position has changed yet on being able to manage them, however they know it’s something the community is after.

1 Like

It’s funny, I moved from Degiro to Trading212 because Degiro had very few SPACs listed. Now that I’ve learned that spac warrants is a safer strategy, I find that Trading212 does not support warrants. I guess I’ll have to give Interactive Brokers a try.

Note that warrants are definitely not a ‘safer strategy’.

Although warrants have potentially higher returns than buying the shares, they are much riskier. If the SPAC merger fails and SPAC is liquidated, warrant holders lose 100% of their investment whereas shareholders will get some of their investment back (exact amount depends on price they bought and structure of SPAC + interest gained).

Thanks for pointing that out. From what I’ve read if I buy the SPAC units early on, they will be split into common stocks and fractions of warrants after 52 days of IPO. The idea was to sell the commons at little profit and wait for the valuation of the assigned warrants. Anyway, it seems T212 won’t provide the units either, so this is something I can’t run over here.