I placed an order to buy TSLA shortly after the market opened. It sat in pending for approx 5-10 mins, saying’ Processing’. I decided to cancel but the button was disabled.
Fearing it had frozen I refreshed the browser and I was able to click the ‘x’ button. It said, ‘Cancelling’ (or similar wording).
Fearing the market was running away I placed a new order ~1 min later.
That also sat in pending alongside the order that was still cancelling, but both appeared to be frozen (I could click neither) so I again refreshed the browser.
On resumption I saw both orders were displaying ‘Processing’.
Eventually an order was fulfilled, followed approx 1min later by the other - one of them was supposed to be cancelled.
I would not have placed the new order if I knew the previous order would not cancel, but now I have two fulfilled orders at day highs.
I have been on to a Boris in Customer Support chat but he rudely and patronisingly cut me off before I had chance to finish my last message; hence my message here.
I could accept that an order cannot be cancelled once submitted, but if the button is not disabled, and allows me to submit, and tells me it is cancelling, then I have a reasonable expectation that it won’t buy, surely?
TBH, if the share goes above both prices I’m not worried (obvs!), nevertheless, at minimum, there is clearly a logic issue with the UI if the button allows me to click, and I’m led to believe the order is being cancelled.