CFD: Position unduely closed

Hi,
I had sell position (POS166158697) opened for Luckin coffee, my position was closed without reaching the alleged result.

Attached image showed the time and price at the peak position still under the alleged result.

I really hope there’s nothing fishy going on here because I have read something similar recently. I guess it is fair to say I have experienced enough issues so far and lack confidence in your results

I await your response

If you have a sell (short) position you should use the buy price chart as a reference. Click on the settings gear above the chart and you should see the option to switch :slight_smile:

Well it doesn’t appear to change what I’m saying. Can you please look into this and provide a detailed explanation?

First and foremost, the execution of POS166158697 is correct. Below, I will shed some light on what caused your bewilderment.

1. Line chart

If while trading you’re using the "line’’ type of charting it won’t give you the detailed picture of the prices for the relevant period. Line charting displays the last quote for the chosen period (in your case 5min.), therefore it doesn’t show all the prices gathered in this timeframe. In other words, there are price quotes between the dots that are not visualized

2. Candlesticks chart

If you switch your chart to "candles’’ you will be able to see all the quotes received in this period since the mechanism of the candle charting is far more comprehensive than the one mentioned above:

Just like a bar chart, a candlestick shows the open, high, low, and close price for the period. The candlestick has a wide part, which is called the "real body."

This real body represents the price range between the open and close of that period of trading. When the real body is red, it means the close was lower than the open. If the real body is green, it means the close was higher than the open. Also, there is a grey candle if the opening and the closing price are virtually equal.

In the screenshot provided below, you can notice that the price was reached. The period in the screenshot is 1 minute and it’s from 23:01 to 23:02 - this is the exact time of the closure of your position. As you can see there is a grey candle there, since the opening and closing prices are virtually equal.

The time zone is (GMT+3)

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation