Cold calls from brokers

Unless you have added your details to a site for investing and have allowed them to share your information I doubt its related.
Thats a lot of leg work for an agency to do just to see if you would be interested in spam phone calls

There are rules about data your name and number is data
Think itā€™s gdrp, basically They must have your explicit consent to have your data

Sure donā€™t I know well. I work as a data scientist :wink:
GDPR is indeed the one! Iā€™ll be sure to ask next time.

2 Likes

Another one this morning from Austria. I didnā€™t catch who they said they were calling from. But apparently due to my trading crypto my information was breached and could happen with trading stocks too. I just told them I donā€™t trade anything and he left me alone. Another number blocked!

I know this post is from 3 years ago. But yes, I agree and I am not with any other trading app. These random cold calls started coming only after I registered with Trading212 often itā€™s Crypto and they are pretty aggressive. You can end up hanging up on them and theyā€™ll call back. Got this one from this morning ā€œ07893927503ā€ which isnā€™t a land-line number but a mobile phone number. Lots of negativity from the who called me website.

Sign up to the telephone preference service. It wonā€™t stop all but some hopefully. The ones I seem to get are about whisky investment but I would end up wanting to bottle and drink it :sweat_smile:

The TPS is rubbish. Iā€™m registered with it yet I still get cold calls and I know they state they donā€™t give out our information on their website. Iā€™m pretty they are. Because as stated, Iā€™m not registered with any other trading stock app and I find it very strange that after I signed up to them weeks later I get stock investment calls despite I ticked all those little boxes for no marketing.

This thing is going to get the attention of ofcom and possibly trading standards if others like me are registering with this app and required not to have their details shared or have any marketing sales only to get our details passed on. Which could possibly violate the EUā€™s GDPR and UKā€™s DPA 2018.

How do you know this from T212? It sounds like a coincidence that youā€™re digging up a three year old thread and no-one else has experienced it in the meantime?

This is most definitely not a coincidence. As said. This only started AFTER I registered with Trading212 and Iā€™ve been reading reports from others who have experienced the same issue. I have never ever received these investment cold calls before signing up to T212. This is most definitely down to them. Either they are passing on my details or they have someone in their firm that is doing this without my consent.

Can you prove it? Iā€™ve been here a while and never received a call. It definitely sounds like a coincidence to me, almost the very definition of it.

Itā€™s not a coincidence. Because I NEVER give out my number so easy. T212 was the ONLY app I gave it to. Itā€™s not coincidence that I never ever had these type of ā€œinvestmentā€ calls that asked me often by ā€œnameā€. Usually only cold callers that would call were those common posing as ā€œcarphone warehouseā€ that never asked me by name.

There has already been post similar to mine on other forums like REDDIT and some people have submitted issue on review websites. All you need to do is Google it.

No doubt if this continues itā€™s going to end up somewhere like BBC Watchdog or some other whistle blower program. Whether T212 is a genuine company or not. Something is not right here.

Reddit is not full of normal or truthful people. The opposite is mostly true.

You give out your name and number every time you make a purchase online, all the couriers have. Numbers are recycled now too, your number likely wasnā€™t your number always. Websites are hacked all the time. Lists of people are made and sold regularly etc etc thereā€™s plenty of reasons why this could happen that arenā€™t nefarious, just folk are always super desperate to find conspiracy.

Look Iā€™m not saying never, but hit me up when youā€™ve got some genuine proof. Not some anecdotal stuff or something you read on the internet.

Look Iā€™m sticking to this and Iā€™m now warning people to not give their personal number out to trading 212. As I stated, itā€™s not a coincidence. Once or two calls are a coincidence, but when you get more of those asking by name to invest, thatā€™s not a coincidence. I rest my case.

Have you asked the people on your phone calls, where they are calling from and to prove it?

FWIW Iā€™ve had zero calls from 212, although I have had calls from other brokers.

1 Like

Those calls certainly donā€™t come from us nor from affiliated third parties. Client data is being stored in accordance with the highest GDPR standards, and security checks in order to prevent leaks are conducted regularly.

2 Likes

Everyone knows this BE. Itā€™s crazy that you have to say it.

Anyway. Selling tinfoil hats? Ā£5 +P and P guaranteed to stop government mind reading devices and Russian death rays. Hit me up in the dms.

1 Like