Crypto currency plans

Sorry for spam, but this one made me chuckle :joy:

4 Likes

Coinbase now offering some free Amp tokens for a couple mins of your time.

Any others offering free coin variations?

Seems totally stupid to me - really how many are there out there?!?!?

2 Likes

Giving away tokens is a common practice. Either for learning about their project or by promoting (retweet, join telegram group etc as the criteria) sometimes a free Airdrop but limited so it creates FOMO.

Same goes with non-fungible tokens where first X to scan the QR wins the asset.

Thousands of tokens out there 10k+ all trying to be noticed. 98% are useless.

Thanks for the heads up. Done, and converted

I just read an article on Taproot, the Bitcoin “upgrade”. What do you make of it?

Well it’s a massive change making smart contracts possible. The implementation of Schnorr signatures has been wanted for ages.

To the average holder the upgrade won’t change much initially.

It’s a case we had BTC then ETH then third gens like ADA DOT etc. We now have a case of upgrading the first two gens to attempt to raise the level of what’s possible. Not quite adding glitter to a turd. I think ETH V2 has potential but might be too late.

Don’t forget Algorand :wink: Personally, when comparing ALGO vs ADA I don’t see any competition at all. I’m calling it now, with the founders and creators of ALGO being in bed with the chief of the SEC (who is also knowledgable and interested in crypto) I can see massive gains incoming for early investors.

What’s your commission on Algo if/when it :rocket:

1 Like

I wish! I feel it’s best placed from a regulatory point of view to achieve growth over it’s competitors. This is demonstrably the case as well with it being used for country-wide healthcare payments in Bermuda, or with legislation passing in the Marshall Islands declaring it’s Algorand powered digital currency. The proof of concept stage has well passed, and they’re now proving their infrastructure can be used in state-backed social and economic initiatives such as the healthcare and currency examples. I can’t see any reason why they would stop growing. x10 its current price is well within the realms of possibility and the market cap would still be relatively small.

1 Like

I’ve just gone all in now mate, so you better be right

1 Like

Haha this literally can’t go tits up. I promise… :grin:

2 Likes

Not sure if we are still waiting for pain, but we sure are chopping nowhere for weeks. I think crypto :rocket: landed on :new_moon: to refuel, only problem we don’t know if next destination is Mars or back she goes to Mother :earth_africa: .

It still needs to find a real niche where it is accepted as one of the main payment options.

Dougal, my friend, it have already found one. The cyberattacks’ ransoms. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is just my opinion but I don’t think crypto will ever become a form of payment in and of itself. Governments just won’t allow it I think. Even Bitcoin extremists have, for the most part, acknowledged Bitcoin’s status as a store of value rather than currency.

What I can see far more likely to happen is digital, blockchain powered versions of government currencies, i.e. Central Bank Digital Currencies, or CBDCs. There are a few crypto protocols out there which are primed and ready for this. The one I’m most familiar with is The Marshall Islands using Algorand.

1 Like

That’s wild, that guy gambled all their family savings, and still having a mortgage and 3 kids.

To have the daily money, he made a line of credit on their house (HELOC or home equity line of credit), rising even more their debt. Soon this money also went to cryptos.

A gamble addiction that got luck, it could went both ways.

The media field is more tilted to the success stories, we don’t see so much the bad stories of people loosing tons of money with cryptos.

Last week lost gamble: (The shark was eaten. :smiley: )

1 Like

From someone who lost almost everything in a crypto, stating that BTC is a store of value. :smiley:

Cuban had earlier said he had invested in over 10 blockchain startups and was bullish on the future of cryptocurrencies. His crypto portfolio comprises 60 percent Bitcoin, 30 percent Ethereum, with other coins accounting for the rest. He sees Bitcoin as a store of value rather than a currency and said it was a better alternative to gold.

Head and shoulders clearly emerged and breaking,is this time for ZERO ZERO as Dan Pena would say.

Short coinbase y’all.

Worth a watch