Crypto currency plans

more free stuff on coinbase, this time called ‘balancer’

answers for the lazy:

1. Trade & Invest via Balance
  2. Self-balancing crypto portfolios
  3. Governance token for Balancer
3 Likes

Cheers bud.

The token itself seems like an absolute pointless idea offering no value whatsoever.

Another good pump for its creators?

Balancer is an interesting token if anyone fancies a longer read. It actually has some utility.

I like to read about the new tokens/coins and then think to myself ‘will this take off? will this be the next big thing?’ - the answer almost impossible to predict as there are so many coins coming and only a handful will be successful but it’s fun trying to work it out.

Do you use the Coinbase Pro app? I couldn’t spot the ‘Earn’ section in it. Any advice welcomed!

It is on Coinbase app, on 2 places, scroll to middle screen on the initial screen and also under the blue square about Bonus/Earn campaigns.

On the Web version it disappeared for a couple of weeks, at least for me. Sometimes the Coinbase website have some technical issues.

2 Likes

Perfect thanks. It seems it’s not on the Coinbase Pro app.

I’m currently in a dentists chair earning free cash.

Edit: 13 dollars while in the dentist. Time well spent. That “AMP” project seems very interesting. I always felt one of the biggest hurdles to crypto ever being used as a mainstream payment system was speed of settlement. AMP seems to solve that by providing instant settlement while the transaction is settling on the chain. Pretty cool.

Last week, Bitcoin SV suffered a 51% attack.

All cryptocurrencies that use distributed ledger blockchains are vulnerable to 51% attacks, with bitcoin itself suffering one in 2014.

While bitcoin, the largest cryptocurrency by value with a market capitalization of around $700 billion, has become known as a store of value, bitcoin cash and bitcoin SV are aiming to become global payment networks.

• More than $600 million was stolen in what is likely to be one of the biggest cryptocurrency thefts ever.
  • Hackers exploited a vulnerability in Poly Network, a platform that looks to connect different blockchains so that they can work together.

DeFi hacks on the rise

DeFi has become a key target for attacks.

Since the start of the year until July, DeFi-related hacks totaled $361 million — an increase of nearly three times from all of 2020, according to cryptocurrency compliance company CipherTrace.

DeFi-related fraud is also on the rise. In the first seven months of the year, it accounted for 54% of total crypto fraud volume versus 3% for all of last year.

2 Likes

PSG will pay Messi with cryptos. PSG own cryptos? Or any other crypto?

His contract includes an option for a third year as well as cryptocurrency tokens in his “welcome package”, which are estimated to be worth €25-30 million (£21-25 million).

This one?

If PSG will pay Messi with their own tokens, it will mean a new issuance of tokens and dilution of their price?

FYI more new coinbase earn just appeared, this time something called “fetch ai”

5 Likes

Thanks mate! Well spotted

Binance is being cornered by regulators:

I suppose the major issues against Binance are that they started to offer crypto derivatives and tokenized stocks, both are in the traditional financial regulation realm, and are heavily regulated.

Binance invaded the financial regulation turf and now are facing the consequences.

2 Likes

When Vincent Gallarte was laid off in July, the Manila IT analyst found an unusual financial lifeline: an online game that rewards players in cryptocurrency. In his first two weeks of Pokémon-like questing and battling, Gallarte earned more than 37,000 pesos ($732), three times what he would have made at his “real job.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-25/axie-infinity-how-game-is-turning-pandemic-jobless-into-crypto-nft-traders

‘High Severity Security’ Bug Forks Ethereum

The bug was deep enough in the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) code that other DeFi- focused blockchains based on it are vulnerable, including Binance Smart Chain and Polygon.

Another new coinbase earn. This time “Rally”

Answers:

• a decentralized network for launching social tokens

• paying Ethereum transaction fees

• buying Bitcoin

5 Likes

Cheers mate!

I’ve just the 3 bucks, and I must say, that this token is the most laughable one so far. Or am I just old fashioned?

3 Likes

Maybe you should keep it?

2 Likes