Crypto currency plans

For those of you investing in crypto, I could not resist sharing this excerpt from today’s Sunday Times which has an article mentioning crypto-traders now living in Tulum, Mexico:

This is like a paradise away from the rest of the world, with no rules,” said Brad Alexander, 37, another Tulum convert. A former stripper in Canada, he was recounting to an enthralled crowd of about 100 people his theory that the rise and fall of crypto-investments was driven by the alignment of the planets. “It worked for me,” he said.

1 Like

That extends beyond crypto for quite some time.

Started more than a century ago, there are still a few investors that to this day base their investment analysis on planets alignment and such.

Screenshot 2021-12-12 154635

2 Likes

Never heard about this investment method. Maybe there are also tarot stock traders or “Financial clairvoyant”.

Today I saw a cloud with a strange shape, could this be a sign to buy or to sell? I’m a Sagittarius, which stock or crypto should I invest to be a millionaire? :rofl:

3 Likes

Yesterday on the road I came across a license plate reading “FY 27 BP”. Now, you take what you want out of it, but I tell you I am bullish BP.

1 Like

What of the following best describe Musk? (DOGE and/or TSLA) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does anybody remember the pee-ing dog on Reddit? Or sticking with the crypto theme, how about this hamster outperforming the market: A hamster has been trading cryptocurrencies in a cage rigged to automatically buy and sell tokens since June - and it's currently outperforming the S&P 500 | Currency News | Financial and Business News | Markets Insider

1 Like

Want to see this happen. We need more of the good stuff here. :smiley:

1 Like

Not think it’s a bit of a too late thing now? There is plenty of competition out there that it’s potentially pointless setting up something new to try and compete on a cost basis for the money to setup and run?

Kraken got FCA regulation and in UK regulated list.
Until Binance gets regulated in UK, Kraken is a good option.

1 Like

I’ll just leave this one here

1 Like

Can’t be long til bitcoin crashes now, I’ve been waiting 18months, I can’t wait for it. Going to be good to see so many people destroyed.

I’m not a massive bitcoin fan but I’m wondering why you think it’ll crash? It seems all the news is positive: large institutions buy in, crypto ETFs appearing, countries accepting it as legal tender etc.

Because it’s worth nothing, a waste of energy, literally and a giant Ponzi.

This expression said more from yourself than people in a giant Ponzi.

1 Like

Do you think I care? :joy:

I mistimed selling my Bitcoin before the current fall trend but still made about +150% last year on it and freebies.

It’s odd the freebies on Coinbase seem to have stopped of late.

The technology behind it is great but I still don’t see long term where Bitcoin and it’s variants add value.

People pay for their needs, will pay more for convenience, so wheee does blockchain fit in long term? Docusign use an iteration of it and to me that’s brilliant, just not widely accepted in itself.

3 Likes

Crypto valuations are dependent on Central Banks.

When the Central Banks flowed the markets with oceans of liquidity, de-valuating their currencies, with near-zero or negative interest rates, savers/retail investors are forced to search for yield in riskier assets, like stocks and cryptos (including meme stocks, SPACs, ICOs and meme cryptos).
With the mopping of the extra cash and rise of the interest rates, the previous free money won’t be so free, the riskier assets will start to come down to the earth.

Don’t forget, BTC (and other cryptos) are quoted in USD, as USD was weaker due to the dovish monetary policies of the FED, the BTC (and others) was more valued, now that Fed is starting to return to the normal status quo, USD will rise and BTC/alt coins will be valued less. The same happens with gold. Other currencies (GBP, EUR) are at the moment less valued, but when their Central Banks start to return to the “normal” monetary policy, also the cryptos will be damaged.

1 Like

Time to short coinbase

2 Likes

I admit I panic bought some Algorand and Loopring. I feel there is further to dip though. From experience in crypto a few years ago, right when people think they are clever and buying the bottom of the dip, it dips further. Let’s see will history repeat. I haven’t seen any suicide hotlines posted on Reddit just yet.

Hahahaha, I hope your investments do ok but as I’m sure you’re aware I have always been anti crypto and I feel now the end is near. This is going to be epic. R.I.P. margin accounts and teenage NFT fanboys. Might buy some dignity PLC could be good a time.