Discuss my pie... Treemap option?

Coming up to the new update I decided to prepare my pie. I created this chart to display it, feel free to discuss it or give opinions. I think it would be nice if T212 could use this treemap in place of the piechart they currently use. Going to suggest it on the other thread!

2 Likes

I mean it looks nice. But to suggest it is better than a pie or should replace it, I’m not sure. Visually there is too much to look at, a circular pie is more efficient with space.

2 Likes

Imho just give customize options. So each can choose whats best for him.

Even tho personally I don’t carr on graphics :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I find pie charts of limited use once you get above 8 or 10 values. The large ‘slices’ are clear enough but the smaller the slices get the less useful the display is. I started my career as a statistician and we wouldn’t use pie charts except for a dataset with a limited number of values. A sorted table can be as good as anything but I do quite like treemaps as a visual representation.

2 Likes

@rwblackburn I think I summed my view up nicely in the autoinvest thread. as a whole set comparison you are certainly right, but I don’t think the idea is to compare everything at once in a pie, so you can reduce each level to that 8-10 range people can comfortably use.

the pie works better for automation as well which is what its being bundled with in the next release, however treemaps certainly have their place in any investors portfolio. it makes a great visual representation for a complete dataset, say you were to get one with your monthly and yearly reports? I could see that being useful at a glance.

IT would be nice to see treemaps paired with an export function so you can generate a treemap when exporting your portfolio as a graphic. perhaps hang it on the wall behind your monitor to glance lovingly at? xD

1 Like

Yeah I’m currently putting the logos behind them and gonna print it out lol :rofl:

Think it looks quite cool

3 Likes

To much colour, looks bit chaotic. More of distraction than order. But to each his own! :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah I get what you mean I think I just prefer to clearly see the companies by their logo. Other option is maxing out the text in each cell so it’s as easy to read as possible

what if there are only 2 colours? green and red to represent the last month/years change to that holding?

1 Like

That actually sounds very good, but instead of the last year you could switch between 1m, 1hr, 1d, 1w, 1m, 1y, 5y

just give us the API to GET data , we can build the visualisations ourselves :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes