Dividend payments are taking longer

I feel also the same that it getting delayed lately.

the good point, they didn’t miss a single payout (at least for me).

I thought this is automated task, but I feel now that it is manually processed. Maybe the team is overloaded.

Got CSWC. Now waiting for LAND and GAIN.

I have asked t212 about this via the chat tool. They explained it can take them up to days to pay. No explanations as to why this is
I agree it can be frustrating since my other broker always pays on the due date.
Let s hope they can improve on this. At least to reduce the waiting time

Got the last ones now also (GAIN and LAND)

Well as I understand it they have to wait for interactive brokers to get them, send it to T212 (some business days) and then redistribute them to us.

1 Like

Was there an official T212 response to this? As I am also wondering why payouts take so long.

I found this in the help…
“For Invest/ISA accounts, we aim to pay dividends within a few days of the payment date. However, the process can take up to a few weeks or longer.
CFD dividends, on the other hand, will be paid into your account on the ex-dividend date.”

So… My next question T212 is… Why can CFD dividends be paid instantly, but not invest or ISA dividends??? Surely the process is the same? So is T212 purposely holding back the payouts? If so, why?

CFD dividends are virtual, paid by the CFD platform, ie Trading 212. They do not involve any third party. Other dividends are real, paid first by the company’s distributing agent to Interactive Brokers, who then pass them on to Trading 212, who then have to divvy them out to clients. Many more steps with real dividends.

2 Likes

Thanks for that Richard. That makes sense now :slight_smile:

Why can the process take up to a few weeks…that is unacceptable surely. I think the t212 system should acknowledge dividends due by way of an in-app message when it hits the payment date. So we could see a tab with “dividends due”.