ETF suggestions please

What ETF’s are the best to invest in with a lump sum of money and then continue to top up monthly?

I was looking at the vanguard S&P 500, literally chuck money in and forget about it.

Any ideas would be welcome.

I share Nickel Nick but still waiting for 212 to add it…EV vehicles batteries are more nickel then lithium with Elon Musk predicting Nickel prices will be higher then gold in future

INRG renewables iShares

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. The INRG etf does look fairly good. Didn’t have great performance early on but looks like it could be a winner? Is that what you think? I guess in the long run this type of energy will be the future more so than your traditional sources.

I only invest in 2 etfs at the moment,quite heavy on EQQQ (LON:EQQU) and very light ESPO.

I got a lot of USDV and VUSA, both of them in “very green” but I decided to doghouse them, and planning to sell in the next 6-12 months.

I would say a global ETF such as:
Vanguard FTSE All-World UCITS ETF Distributing (OCF of 0.22%, which is the yearly cost)
SPDR MSCI ACWI UCITS ETF (OCF of 0.4%, which is the yearly cost)

They should be very well diversified. At least geographically and by sector, though I seem to remember that that means that around 45% of it is stocks from the USA.
Can someone confirm if they are diversified in terms of company size? So whether they have small, medium and large companies by market capitalisation?

So the S&P 500 etf doesn’t seem to be mentioned by anyone so far, that was my initial thinking. The all world ETF I can see the logic. The gaming etf, do you think that has more upside than down side? The clean energy etf I feel would be a good bet as well long term.

Maybe you’re looking for something like SPDR® MSCI World UCITS ETF (SPPW). It has an expense ratio of 0.12% and 1566 positions spread around a lot of countries. It’s not a special ETF but just a cheap and passive one.

VUSA → SNP500
USDV → US dividend aristocrats
EQQQ → NASDAQ100

Is the NASDAQ ETF a good choice? Do you guys recommend it?

VWRP, XDWT, ESPO and ECAR.

I would weight higher left to right.

If I were picking a single ETF for my portfolio EQQQ would be it, but keep in mind it is on an amazing run since March and very very expensive at the moment. So pull back from these levels would be nice.

I personally never buy too diversified ETFs. especially the world ones. they will earn about 2% in the next 5 years if everything goes well, so why not use bonds instead?

If you want a well diversified solution with 1 ETF across Countries, Currencies and Sectors, you need to invest in something like FTSE All-World UCITS ETF Distributing or an MSCI ACWI…