Extended hours, after hours, pre market

I believe t212 stated they are working on this feature

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply, although I do not know how to do it within application , we’ll check it out tomorrow

Regards

It’s not yet possible on the invest platform.
I think in the CFD side one can trade in extended hours.

1 Like

Would be useful to see premarket prices in the app, so not having to go to google or a different app to search for it.

2 Likes

Thanks for your all reply.

Anyone from Trading 212 (AKA T212) has information about trading extended hours within Investment.??

Best regards

1 Like

Hey :wave:,

Extended trading hours are still within our plans and we’ll keep you updated about the progress.

12 Likes

Pre-Market and Post-Market trading is the feature I’ve been needing the most as a T212 client.

4 Likes

Hi,

I am fed up getting screwed over by the pre-market and would love to be able to buy/sell. Is this something that will ever happen?

1 Like

You have CFD for pre/after market.

I would love that. As a start, I would like at least my price alerts to get triggered by pre/after market prices so I can better prepare for the market open.

@wotta I don’t think you should look at the lack of premarket as “getting screwed”. You can “screw” yourself easily during premarket and aftermarket hours - the liquidity and the dynamics are different, the spreads are wider.

I generally find the only people getting screwed by pre and post markets are those participating in it.

3 Likes

Hey guys just wondering if we have an idea of when we could possibly expect pre-market and after-hours trading?

I read you did it for OTC, but hoping for some news on the other US exchanges?

Thanks!

4 Likes

I have a feeling if it comes it will be as part of a premium service with a monthly fee. Something which i would be ok with if it wasn’t too much.

1 Like

Absolutely, I’d definitely be happy to pay for that service.

Is there any update to the plan of allowing pre market and after hours trading in invest?

1 Like

Any idea when the pre market / after hours trading feature becomes available?

Or is it too costly for Trading212 ?

@B.E @Bogi.H

A few quick questions regarding the topic title.

• Are there any plans to introduce the ability to buy commons outside of the CFD account in the pre and post market at any point? So for example, being able to buy any stock before 14:30 (GMT) in the ISA account.

• Being able to see the bid and ask price of a stock would be great, at the moment it can be confusing if a stock hits your limit sell and it doesn’t execute because the price displayed is the bid price and not the ask. Due to this it’s important for the user to have other charting software to track price more accurately.

• Being able to see stock movement during pre and post market would be helpful instead of seeing the market close price until the market reopens again. I appreciate this might be at a cost and I would have no issues paying a subscription for this kind of service.

• I appreciate shorting stocks requires a margin account, but are there any plans to introduce shorting outside of a CFD account?

I use T212 primarily for trading as the interface is clean and easy to use/understand but I do believe it’s lacking some of the functionality that the bigger or more established brokerages have. I would be happy to pay a subscription in the future to have access to some of this functionality as I day trade and need the exposure to out of hours markets.

Thanks

4 Likes

Extended hours is apparently in the pipeline. The last reply from T212 regarding the matter is here. I would say it’s probably the most requested feature by users on the forum (certainly the one I’m most looking forward to), and it would revolutionize trading for many traders using the platform.

Despite what most people believe, I don’t think it’s as simple as flipping a switch as it would likely involve updating the price feed by showing the bid & ask (including during extended hours) plus a potential rework of the order entry windows since extended hour orders can only be posted as limit orders. Then the actual complications of the ECNs come into play. I’m sure they’re taking their time to deliver a polished feature.

In regards to your second and third point, I recommend using Tradingview, which you perhaps already use. I agree that it’s frustrating having to resort to other platforms and rely on T212 for merely execution. For what it’s worth, I already subscribe to other services such as Tradingview for this data, but I wouldn’t mind paying a subscription fee either if T212 offered the service instead.

2 Likes

I REALLY LIKED three things you mentioned:

• Displaying the BID / ASK price next to each other
    (this only is about changing/moving around the interface as you can already see the sell price in the “Your investment” section of a stock)
  • Seeing extended hours price next to the closing price
    (tbh if an external website can show the data, then T212 could just read it from there)
  • Paying a monthly subscription for the things you mentioned.
    (a couple dollars a month would be definitely do-able and I would be happy to pay it in return)

Yes, extended hours trading would be nice, but even now at CFD (only certain stocks allow it) the spread is fairly big.

1 Like

@Team212 any update on the pre and post market trading hours ? Robinhood already have that in their platform…

1 Like