Premarket and extended trading on shares

currently feel this is a market with huge potential for trading212 and for day traders.

UK has no good platforms for day traders - either you need to have a huge capital, you pay massive fees, commission or for features

I feel if the web version of trading212 improves, with the increase penny stocks and premarket and after hours trading212 would dominate the market.

Just my 2c

7 Likes

Pre and AH is already on the roadmap :wink:

1 Like

+1 extra hours please :pray:

Many brokers offer after hours and pre market trading but not Trading212.
Will we ever see this feature?

4 Likes

Any update on this? We are missing huge opportunities by not having it. I’d even pay a small tx fee on out of hours trades if necessary.
We are definately disadvantaged by it.

https://ibkr.info/node/576

It looks like IBKR has limited functionality on pre/post market trading, and the above link has their own warnings in doing so. Perhaps its difficult or costly to implement something that doesn’t fall an all/nothing approach?

On a positive note - could longer trading hours, help reduce the trade flows at market opening if pre market was an option for a premium user?

1 Like

My concern is trading on earnings releases. Sometimes it i am on the fence with holding a stock, if earnings are bad, then it affirms my sell choice. However, I have to lose portions of market value waiting to trade it out.
I’m 80% decided on moving brokers because of this. And believe me, I don’t want to move I really like T212, but it is costing me money.

Any in the UK that offer pre and after hours in an ISA?

Hi Phil

Is PM and AH trading still expected to happen on T212?

Rgds

It’s on our To-do list, @Kob. I’ll keep you posted on the progress. :pray:

2 Likes

Thanks so much! I guess T212 will only get better before the competition comes:)

How much progress has been made on this?

As far as I’m aware trading 212 have said in the past it’s not a priority? Has this shifted now?

It’s of a high priority now, though we still can’t provide an ETA.

6 Likes

Looking forward to this. Exciting news !

By the way what is ETA?

I’m guessing the pre market and after hours will be made available on ISA also?

Thanks

ETA is an abbreviation for an estimated time of arrival, @MohammedS.

As for the pre-market and after-market hours, once we get a step closer, we’ll share additional information. :raised_hands:

5 Likes

Excellent :+1: have been patiently waiting for this over the last 18 months or so!

Can’t wait for this to finally arrive .

Thanks for all the hard work

3 Likes

Hi Michael I note in your message that pre market and after hours trading is now high priority? It has been over 2 weeks now . Any possible updates?

@Bogi.H @B.E

1 Like

Appreciate your patience, @MohammedS, but at this stage, we still can’t share an approximate time frame. I’ll let you know as soon as we have updates.

1 Like

It would be prudent risk management to introduce the pre and after hours trading in the current environment we are in. It would help clients to either make money or save a lot of money in the current market condition, especially if liquidity in the market dries up soon. This should have been a high priority.

If you are talking about realistic risk management approach this pre and after hours trading would benefit clients a lot.

@Bogi.H @Michael.M @David @George @Team212 !

1 Like

It could also help people to lose money quicker. The spread can be wider(I’ve seen upwards of 5%) and trading volume lower.

There is a reason why investment managers in most part do not participate in pre/post market trading, but short term traders do.

1 Like