Fund your account via Open Banking 💸

@George doesn’t it make sense for T212 to focus also Revolut/TransferWise/N26, as with those players you get multi country support. I know Revolut moved EU clients to Lithuania entity.

If going country by country, majority of clients will not have any legal means to use open banking for foreseeable future.

1 Like

Unfortunately, that doesn’t depend on us. However, I suspect that once we are able to accept payments from Revolut in EUR it will work everywhere (not only in Germany).

4 Likes

So plan is to use TrueLayer as only integrator? Or there might be other 3rd party for rest of EU?
As the list of Countries on the list is very slim. Germany/France/Italy/Spain

2 Likes

So the integration is ready and you are waiting for them to launch officially or you will start with integration once they launch officially?

I’m also having the exact same problem to the below.

I mentioned it to Customer Support when this feature was released and they weren’t so helpful

I tried again yesterday as a result of fees being charged and the exact same problem happened where I ended up on a blank screen and nothing happened for a few minutes.

This is with Lloyds.

What about local currencies? (CZK, RON, CHK, PLN etc.) We need fee free deposit method as well. SWIFT does not cut it because no bank offers SWIFT transfers for free. Or give us an option to open second Invest account in EUR so that we can use SEPA transfers. I would keep stocks I bought with CZK as they are and start buying stocks with EUR in the second account.

@Team212

4 Likes

Anyone had success linking their Starling account?

I get this error:

How to withdraw funds via open banking? I have used multiple cards now I only use open banking to deposit and when I try to check my withdrawal option I only have my cards than I can withdraw too. And I have already withdrawn more than I have deposited from card but I still have it. Not that I have any problem with my cards yet but on a long run I would prefer if its linked straight with my bank.

Same error with my Lloyds account

My name perfectly matches, I got through the verification phase correctly (received the call from the bank and typed in the code shown on the screen, TrueLayer “connection” seemed to be established but then when I get brought back to T212 I get that error, I don’t know what it’s about :thinking:

Any help?

Any plans of including recurring payments in this feature? Currently its done through debit card which will incur a fee after ÂŁ2000.

1 Like

The team are working on a direct debit implementation to cope with this, as the instant bank transfer requires you to manually authorise each payment which is not helpful for an automated recurring deposit.

Any news on this @george ? My OpenBanking deposit still directs to the FD website in Firefox, rather than launching the FD app… depositing via the web interface is excruciatingly painful :unamused:

FWIW This works as expected when using OpenBanking transfers in other apps such as Monzo, or FreeTrade so maybe something to do with how TrueLayer launch the URL ??

Update - now working. Not sure what the hiccup was the other day.

Also we need autoinvest through free account funds.

2 Likes

BTW, I was able to set up up via desktop website.

Not sure why with the Android app it wouldn’t work.

Hi @George

I’ve posted a few times about open banking deposits not launching the First Direct app on my phone. Instead TrueLayer launches the First Direct website which is a poor experience. Works okay in Chrome, but my default browser is Firefox :frowning:

1 Like

@caribo We’re looking into it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Let me know if you need any additional info…

Cheers

Just to add to this, it’s the same with Santander. When I use the T212 phone app to make a deposit into my trading account, I am directed to the mobile Santander website where I have to enter all my details manually and then input an SMS One Time Password. Quite a faff.

With my Freetrade account, the deposit process from their app invokes the Santander banking app - all I need to do is use Touch ID to authenticate the transaction. Far smoother and encourages me to pay money into the account, which is presumably to their benefit.

Thanks for sharing @JCB :pray: We’ll definitely take a closer look!

1 Like