GameStop & AMC Entertainment In Reduce-Only Mode

In the interest of mitigating risk for our clients, we have temporarily placed GameStop & AMC Entertainment in reduce-only mode as highly unusual volumes have led to an unprecedented market environment. New positions cannot be opened, existing ones can be reduced or closed.

7 Likes

Ahead of the US market opening later, I’m unable to place any buy orders for AMC in my ISA. I have the option to sell my existing stake but can’t place any buys.

Moving over to Invest, the option to buy exists. Why might it be, that you can buy the stock in one platform but not the other? Am I missing something?

(I’m aware of the global panic around AMC, GME etc.,)

8 Likes

Same seems to be true for GME as well (GME has a notice saying sell only).

2 Likes

There goes my plans to trade this stock today! Now I will just have to hold

5 Likes

Typical T212 saving their fat cat friends. If you want to talk about Market manipulation it’s by T212 who won’t let you buy a stock only trying to drive it’s price down by giving you only a sell button.

Edit1: them closing AMC like this along with Robinhood has crushed my returns. This investing is rigged.

Edit2: day two and it’s open again. They said there would be delays to filling an order and when I bought one share of GME it was the fastest execution I’ve ever seen on trading212… hilarious.

88 Likes

It’s probably part of the terms of use for isa that you can’t trade stocks with high volatility

1 Like

Or allowing PIs to buy, but if we benefit from big gains then we also get hit with big tax. Not going to allow us to trade it tax-free in the ISA…?

2 Likes

Terms of service stopping you from investing in any tech company then…

7 Likes

You now can’t buy AMC in Invest either…

2 Likes

Who are the fat cat friends and in what way are T212 helping them? Interested …

1 Like

If you restrict the ability of retail investors to buy more amc or GME then you are helping the shorters by helping to prevent the price increasing…

57 Likes

They are stopping retail investors buying this stock and for what reason? Because a hedge fund had 140% short interest and the squeeze of them pushed the stock up massively.

Why stop us buying it when it’s just another stock. It’s obvious they are being paid.

49 Likes

This is an order from above t212 are playing the puppet here.

As soon as they said the :us: was looking at it I knew it was the beginning of the end

15 Likes

I’d be interested to know which “clients” they are mitigating risk for.

We can handle our own risk

55 Likes

Absolute utter nonsense. T212 are not helping hedge funds or shorters. For a start T212 Market share is tiny compared to other brokers.

You guys really need to think about whether trading is right for you because your emotions are clouding your judgment - hence the nonsense conspiracy theories.

9 Likes

Can anyone check other trading platforms to see if the same applies?
If it does how can we expect further increases in the stock value if nobody can buy?

2 Likes

So why are they putting the stocks into reduce only mode? I love people that don’t believe something until it actually affects them

11 Likes

I can get a buy quote on IG ISA.

6 Likes