Help us find a new face (and brain) for YouTube

sigh

1. I have 1160 subscribers and 5 created accounts to post. Thatā€™s 0.43%.

2. Self-promotion - Iā€™ve regularly posted my videos on the T212 forum before (see here https://community.trading212.com/u/m-getinvesting). If I was going to promote my videos I would do it the same way Iā€™ve already done many times.

2 Likes

I restored the deleted comments.

Completely agree with you @Vedran, except it looks like 7 accounts: @m-getinvesting, @IA752, @Shay_s94,@Nisar542, @Domaid, @M00dee, @kamranmiah. All except his main account ā€œjoinedā€ the community forum yesterday (15-16 hours ago) and all praised the same youtube ā€œchannelā€.

I did not flag them (only just read this thread) but I do not see why the comments should be restored really as they are all spam and self-promotion, but obviously I understand and respect Georgeā€™s decision who I imagine wants to protect free speech.
What I would suggest is that this person abstains from commenting further on this thread.

Itā€™s spam! Period.

And I have reported your channel on youtube from 8 different accounts.

Hi

I have no idea how this works but this is real. Iā€™m supporting a friend who Iā€™ve only learnt of recently. I genuinely believe his videos are worth being the new face. Not sure what rules you have here but they are quite ridiculous. Itā€™s not spam itā€™s support!

Regards
S S.

Okay, Sherlock Holmes.

Check out @getinvesting on Instagram and you can see I posted a story to tell people about this thread. This happens to be 16 hours ago too which is the same time these new accounts have been created. So put two and two together, people saw the post and created an account comment support for the channel.

Iā€™m sure if the other channels mentioned here reached out to their communities for support, they would have got multiple comments tooā€¦

1 Like

Well, that just sounds like youā€™re being bitter.

2 Likes

Okay, so what you mean is a friend of yours (owner of the videos) has asked friends to recommend him?

If that is true then it is slightly better and I may have been a bit harsh (I cannot check IP addresses) however I still believe it is unethical and that this youtuber and channel should not be considered.

Either way, I do not think this would be a suitable youtuber, I feel like it would need a face/person in the video, making it more approachable. As feedback for the creator, I like that the videos are short, less than 15 min.

1 Like

If you really have done that, thatā€™s an incredibly scummy thing to do. :-1:

People have to work really hard to get a Youtube channel off the ground and putting that in jeopardy over what you perceive as spam is frankly, stomach-turning.

2 Likes

Itā€™s ok, Get Investing never done anything terrible. I understand asking your subscribers to recommend you seems a good idea, but didnā€™t come out well in reality.

Sorry that the community has came harshly, but as we didnā€™t know you asked for this, having multiple first posters recommending your channel at once seemed suspicious. I suggest if you want support, maybe posting yourself saying that you think youā€™re a good fit and asking your fans to like your comment would be less spamful. Reporting a channel is a little harsh though, donā€™t you think @laguiar :face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

Letā€™s just move on from this, it was just a misunderstanding :grin::grin:

4 Likes

A little harsh is an understatement.

We should be widely condemning it. Only takes a few strikes and youā€™re gone, all that work for nothing.

2 Likes

Heā€™ll be ok, YouTube will review it and wonā€™t have any reason to give him a strike. They canā€™t give it out for nothing

I understand, Cavan. But I had to chip in because I found it unfair a lot of these comments were being flagged up.

I want @laguiar to 1) acknowledge what heā€™s done is distasteful and unfair, 2) apologise for this because reporting my channel 8 TIMES with DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS literally is spam which heā€™s accusing me of doing and 3) To cancel his reports against my channel.

3 Likes

They were flagged initially for being suspected spam. And they have been reinstated since we found out what it really was so that issue is resolved.
For the personal issue, I would suggest a private message. I donā€™t think anyone wants to see it all in this thread. Apologies from me anyway

1 Like

Usually I agree with Duck and disagree with Mr. Iaguiar, but personally this propaganda was done in such obvious way. Like those posts about working from home making 1000$ a day typeā€¦

If real people from this community did post proper praise and not made up copy/paste type comments I would agree with da Duck.

1 Like

Stop cryingā€¦ of course I didnā€™t lose my time on your channel (neither watching it or reporting), but have in mind that I strongly condemn any type o spam, and if you read again this topic you will see that there is no voting session here, so doesnā€™t matter if you bring 100 friends to write about your channel, as far as I understood, the T212 decision wonā€™t be made based on who has more comments here.

Please letā€™s try to keep this place as a community for investors, not as a Facebook extension.

Letā€™s move on.

ps: apologies for all involved here to have to lose their time with off-topic content.

3 Likes

Iā€™m gonna vote for @Briscoe

I think he brings the right mix of energy and genuine curiosity/emotion that many new investors can relate to. Given that the plan is to invest in the right candidate, it would be instructive to see him develop over time as I think heā€™s fairly new to investing, has a decent follower count, and has a lot of potential to smooth of some rough edges (looking at you CFA :slight_smile: ) and grow.

P.s. I joined the community just to vote as Iā€™ve been watching his channel and I prefer his authentic ā€œIā€™m still learningā€ approach over the so called ā€œprofessionalsā€ā€¦

Edit:
Paul Briscoe

3 Likes

@McMoney yeah totally agree, @Briscoe is the man!

2 Likes

Yes. I watched one of his videos and he is good.

1 Like

Haha! Cheers man. But I donā€™t think Iā€™d be a good voice for trading 212. Iā€™m fully into working with them but I think theyā€™d rather build their own channel.

2 Likes