How diversified are you?

Snap, BABA is my top holding too. That 38% gonna keep growing soon haha!

1 Like

GSK. I don’t do ETFs :joy:

Top 1 - 15%
Top 5 - 55%

The above are all funds and ETFS. I then only own 13 stocks that are solid long term holds so my top 10 is probably 80% or so I’d say.

And generally trade 2 SPACs to fund my actual investments that aren’t included in the above.

Oh wow, did you get more on thi dip? if not your portfolio must taken a hit last couple days :grimacing: GSK is my 2nd holding as it stands but will be overtaken by Starbucks soon i dare say.

Invest (LT) Account
Top holding = 9.2%
Top 5 holdings = 36.38%
Top 10 holdings = 59.23%

ISA (Swing) Account
Top holding = 17.47%
Top 5 holdings = 77.93%
Top 10 holdings = N/A, I only have 8 holdings

10% down currently. wish I had the funds to keep averaging it down for yield but ultimately still at a decent price for when it starts to go back up again. I may cash out of a solid growth stock once the returns are at an acceptable level and put some of those funds into GSK to make it a solid 60% :wink:

all my returns for the next few months will be down to moving existing funds until I can afford to deposit more.

Well if it stays down then come April your gonna have some tasty GSK dividends to reinvest in :grin:

My top holding is DIS (Disney) followed by AT&T and McDonalds.

Great holding: :smiley:

Holding about 52 instruments spanning the entire market, including ETFs

Top 10: =50%
Top 20 = 25%
Rest: 20 = 25%

I tend to reposition my portfolio every quarter.

1 Like

Top 1: Scottish Mortgage - 28.46%
Top 3: + Pacific Horizon Investment Trust, + Baillie Gifford US Growth Trust - 39.8%
Top 5: + Baillie Gifford China Growth Trust, + NIO - 47.75%

This looks a bit misleading though. The top 4 are in a pie together with no other instruments and that’s where I put the bulk of my money. I have a YOLO pie with 15 instruments and Nio forms 14% of that pie but only 2%ish of my overall portfolio.

1 Like

Booze, tech and healthcare. Not much else happening in the world. :laughing:

I have around 30 holdings. 20 of which are long term keepers at around 5% or building up to. I have around 10 speculating stocks for fun at around 1-2% or less.

Is that too many?

I don’t hold too many stocks and most of them are high risk. Also have 3 holdings in ISA, which is tesla again CCIV and the Clean energy etf

why would it be too many?

1 Like

Its not too many, but it takes a lot more time to analysis them, the more you have the more analysis you need to do.

depends on your risk tolerance, I’m pretty convinced that these stocks are long term with great potential even though some are pretty volatile and risky.

1 Like

That’s kinda reassuring as my ultimate goal is 50 main stocks in my portfolio.
I’m not completely risk adverse, I do recognise that there is great potential gain in picking up a stock early on and staying with it. That’s why I’m experimenting with 10 sub 1p share at low level to see how they get on. So far I’ve found a medical company in clinical stage development that appears to be holding ground I’m watching closely.

What’s the third… we will hardly move the needle :joy: