How to actually get an AIM order to excute?

Nothing works. But the stock is still very much trading elsewhere. This seems to be a T212 issue

I’d love to set a limit order at smaller quantities but for some reason we’re limited to making orders of £100 or more and that’s 100k shares. :thinking:

Yes, @ryan9921 just stated that. And you can see why if you read though this thread that your post has been merged into

1 Like

And yes this is a recent change Minimum Value for EQ Pending Orders

Well, guess I’ll not be buying today then. Markets closed in an hour.

It’s just how it is. I don’t usually recommend other brokers but you may wish to look at another one for your AIM purchases until Trading 212 improve the execution of these securities.

1 Like

Theres DMA vs MM issue. KOD is on SETSqx which is auction based, with market orders you might find it filled OTC.

I’m not in KOD before anyone asks, I got too pissed off with Bloomberg.

Hi
I have been trying to trade MGC Pharmaceuticals MXC on trading 212 last few days multiple trades none go through just sit while the stock price goes up

Yet all MGC trades on freedtrade are all instant go through no issues

Anyone have a idea what’s happening

Thanks

212 send your order to IB who send it to the exchange itself, it can take a while for a matching order to be found on the exchange

FT use market makers for LSE AIM which is why orders get filled quicker

The team have said they’re assessing their options when it comes to LSE AIM execution

For now I’d recommend trying different quantities, limit vs market orders and giving it time

I was struggling to execute a few AIM stocks. I did an experiment where I bought it in a pie, and it went through with original order still pending. I now but all my AIM via a pie!!!

Thanks Ryan for this information, :+1:

1 Like

Hi. This is all fairly new to me so apols if this is a schoolboy question…!

I realise AIM listings are slow when putting in a buy, but is there any specific reason why the price updates are so infrequent?

Bump. No updates for a while now…

other platforms and brokers use market makers, so a lot of the trades occur off-books and don’t get sent through the exchange. T212 only has Direct Market Access and doesn’t use any Market Makers, the result being none of those off books trades are recorded and fed to the platform to update the price.

5 Likes

Just also replying to say the indicative quotes shown and the trading and how quickly you may be filled aren’t connected. Thats not just AIM thats everything.

So a delay to the indicative price updating in app is down to Bloomberg.

The biggest mistake is that people look at yahoo/google and see the last trade and expect T212 to show that, whilst the ASK and last trade will never be the same unless that last trade was hitting the ASK exactly. The yahoo/google etc also are up to 15mins delayed to add to that.

1 Like

Why isn’t this processing?

I’ve had a buy order on for 4 hours?

What are you trying to buy, if its on AIM, auctions only happen at certain times of the day.

Quixant.

How though Boohoo is AIM listed and clears almost instantly.

I’ve bought small caps lower than quixant and they’ve processed quicker.

Thanks.

It depends on the trading service: for BOO it’s SETS but for QXT it’s SETSqx. If you search ‘SETSqx’ on the forum, you’ll find fuller explanations than I can offer.

3 Likes

Ahhh thanks, I’ve read this before but forgot.

Thanks all

1 Like