If a stock is missing from Interactive Brokers, how can we request to get it on 212?

I will keep this short.

Would someone from 212 or the forum be able to assist.

Personally, I would prefer the convenience of holding all my short to medium term stocks on a single platform(212). From reading threads, I understand if the stock is not available on IB, then it cant be made available on 212.

So if a stock is missing on IB, is there a way we can get it added, so it can be considered for 212 as well?

6 Likes

Bumpety bump - probably worth adding if a stock is ‘not trading’ on IB, but is on other brokers, would there be a reason for that as well?

We understand where you’re coming from but if the instrument is not offered by IB, we won’t be able to add it to our platform.

Hey @Bogi.H , I believe Dougal is asking if you know of a direct means of contact with IB, similar to how we request new assets here for 212?

He’s also coming from the point of where IB does have the asset but 212 are restricted in one way or another, such as an example from yesterday, MWE;

Thanks

1 Like

As a part of IB’s internal company policy, the possibility for us to specifically request a stock is on the table, however, a guarantee that they will comply with that request is not.

Usually, they do aim to stay up to date when it comes to the instruments they provide access to and if a specific stock is not currently tradeable, it could become available when the conditions on IB’s side have been met.

We’ll aim to keep you posted, regardless.

5 Likes

Can we ask for TBLD and MWE to be made tradable please? I would like to consolidate share positions.

1 Like

@Bogi.H - is there a formal process you’d like us to follow here?

Or is it a case of post here and tag yourself for escalation IBKR?

Thanks!

WARNING: After a year and a half of IPO posts, I might have a few… :wink:

2 Likes

Hey @Joey_Fantana,

It’s perfectly fine to post your suggestions here and tag us. We’ll review them and if they are available on IKBR, we’ll add them as soon as possible. On the other hand, IBKR adds more of the instruments automatically when they meet their criteria. As such, we can’t guarantee that a specific instrument will be added exclusively.

Nevertheless, if anything changes with the process, you’ll be the first one to know.

Thanks @Bogi.H , although my point is they are already confirmed as not on IBKR, so the ask would be to request they add them. Happy to list here if you are happy to take to them?

Cheers.

@Joey_Fantana Everything listed in the :us: they usually add automatically. If they don’t, that means there’s an issue - for example, the instrument not being DTCC eligible.

As for :eu: & :uk: , they’re pretty rigid as to what & when they add. We’ve tried many times to request certain securities but nothing usually gets done.

They’re very strict towards :uk: AIM stocks specifically.

6 Likes

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply @David
This is a dead end here. I think the only possible way is to have a list of stocks requests for IBKR here on this forum and for the Trading212 team to send it to IBKR from time to time and hoping for the best.

1 Like

I like that idea. That or 212 find another partner to bridge the gap?

Missing:

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/stock/MWE/mti-wireless-edge-ltd/company-page

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/stock/TBLD/tinybuild-inc/company-page

The two above are quality stocks imo (not meme).

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/stock/SSIT/seraphim-space-investment-trust-plc/company-page

Not sure if 212 can add SSIT even when IB finally add it, as @David said they can’t add closed end funds like AUGM even though we have several others like VEIL, SMT, KPC, CHRY, PHI and so on.

Perhaps it’s a moving target and we will lose the ones currently on 212, but would be good to know :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I also found the AUGM response a bit bewildering given all the other ITs already on the platform. Surely, there must have been another reason why it could not be added?

@Dougal1984 @topher @Joey_Fantana My mistake on AUGM. Not only is it okay but it’s been available on the app since 11/11/2020.

5 Likes