Intel - cheap? Why?

I think I will buy some intel, share buyback should boost price also.

1 Like

Analysts and news are all against Intel right nowā€¦for I donā€™t know what reasons they are crucifying Intel (probably because it is one of the giant companies that was holding a monopoly for many years?), however I believe that if Intel goes through these rough months with character (which I expect) they will definitely see a rise again. I am not adding more shares to my portfolio only because it is already the second highest single stock I own right now, but I believe that at this price is definitely worth adding to any portfolio.

That table is my current buying targets, if I had $1000 to spend now $170 would be spent on Broadcom and $116 on Intel per se. Think about it like my ā€œsemiconductor pieā€ not for current holdings, but for ā€œbuying newā€

I might be wrong but AMD never had performance edge on Intel until mid 2017, they were always pitted with ā€œprice/performanceā€ ratio. At one point mid 2000s they were on a good track to catch up, then for what ever stupendus reason CEO at the time pushed for the purchase of ATI, which pushed the company into heavy debt category and limited research budget.

At those times tho, clock speed was considered to be decisive benchmark by some outlets which even at that time we knew did not translate directly into application performance. AMD built CPUs that were overclocked to circa 8.5Ghz (FX series) For comparison current fastest ā€œboost speedā€ Intel is about 5.5Ghz(i9-10900K) and AMD at 4.7Ghz (3950x)

This is correct but it has multiple reasons,

• current price is a factor.
  • I am at this time targeting to buy 58 instruments at different weights, there are better opportunities.
  • I got no money left for the year :smiley: like i said
  • andā€¦ take a look at this distribution of my overall portfolioā€¦ Since I donā€™t like selling shares I have to buy lots and lots of other stuff before buying new STNE or AMD shares :slight_smile:

1 Like

Didnā€™t expect that you have 10% of your portfolio on Stone :flushed:

What do you like about them? If you donā€™t mind me askingā€¦

Will check with my tech contacts in Brazil to find someone that works for them :grin:

I have Broadcom and TSM, even buying a little bit more monthly, they have been great investments so far.

1 Like

It is my biggest holding at the moment and it kind of got out of control with an entry price of $15.9 :slight_smile:

If there are good numbers on October 29 and Linx acquisition goes through without any hiccups the price can actually test 70+ This will probably mean Iā€™ll need to sell some STNE.

They are like the square in US but much more, they even provide loans and hardware for transactions etc. They donā€™t have that much competition in this huge market that is South America. Also operating this company in a market like South America is a lot different than lets say EU/Canada/US because there are lots of people that does not even have a traditional bank access let alone these new age banks.

STNE was one of the very very rare IPO buys by Warren Buffett. It is not only an IPO but a tech company and outside US. I thought it was very bizarre and did some research on it and found out it has a very realistic future potential, sold my entire KO holding at the time and converted that to STNE. In hindsight awesome decision :+1::+1::+1:

Edit: I am unhappy with the size of my STNE, AMD and NVDA holdings but they all made leaps especially NVDA this year and I ended up with this weird distribution :expressionless:

How we feeling about Intel, I have been looking into it and started a small position recently at $50. Could be a bumpy few years with this increase in cap ex but I think if it goes well Intel can be in a much stronger position. I feel Intel are well placed to benefit from US and China geopolitics as they want to rely on Taiwan for semis less in case of China intervention there.

In the mean time at <10 PE with strong cash flow (to absorb extra cap ex) and the fact that their mobileye partial listing this year will raise a chunk of cash to fund cap ex I feel there is favourable risk reward. Earnings this evening will be interesting.

3 Likes

Intel is slowly becoming my biggest position apart of ETFs. Chip making is a long game and I think Iā€™m gonna be very happy in 5-10 years buying Intel at <10pe rather than amd at 35 or nvidia at 70. I believe in Pat to do the necessary strategy changes, that former management wouldnā€™t have done.

2 Likes