Interesting STNE option activity

Sure. Iā€™ve heard of ā€˜StoneCoā€™, I saw they were a meme. I then looked into what the business were doing and saw that it was pretty innovative. Then I moved apartment twice. Then briefly checked the stock price again and a few news articles. Then moved my entire life to The Netherlands. Then checked a few more news articles. At the moment Iā€™m 7 pints in and in a hotel room but things are going well.

In all seriousness, my research has been extremely high level at this point as Iā€™m in the process of moving country, but this does look like an exciting and promising company to me. I will report back. Edit: 8 pints.

4 Likes

this is very common for any stock that has lost value (not even newsworthy), I mean very very very common usual vultures in US

I know this is for the long term, but Iā€™ve timed my entry to a tee hereā€¦ā€¦ not

2 Likes

Haha, Iā€™ve done a lot worse, as long as itā€™s long term, donā€™t worry.

This is why they say never try to catch a falling knife. Itā€™s an attractive stock and naturally people want to jump in at a good spot :slight_smile:

You know people keep saying ā€œbuy the dipā€ like itā€™s the wisest thing, the problem is no1 knows where the dip is.

Iā€™ve seen @Vedran write in another thread (BABA?) something like ā€œthe dip keeps dippingā€ :trolleybus:

edit: to set the expectations on this, I donā€™t think thereā€™ll be a massive jump until the politics in Brazil settle down, and new legislation about credits. so probably not soon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Buy the bottom sell the top? maybe this bottom turns out to be top? @42$ :partying_face:

Stone co looks like an interesting stock. But in your opinion how does it compare to Mercadolibreā€™s MercadoPago payment system? Are they competitors or complimentary to each other?

Who knows! All I know is that Iā€™m incredibly leveraged with my five shares, so letā€™s hope things change otherwise Iā€™m on eating only beans.

And when I say beans I donā€™t mean hienz, I mean aldi beans :flushed:

2 Likes

I pulled the trigger and got in with a massive 1 share at $35.23. Feel free to ask me anything about high risk investing.

1 Like

Good job, welcome aboard.

I timed this with Palantir as well which was really coolā€¦ā€¦

Is there a prize for timing the bottom?

Yes, you get to maximise your gains in the short term

1 Like

Ok Iā€™ll wait a bit longer then :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Good timing on Palantir, @Jobloggs. :+1:t3: :wink:

1 Like

Sidenote: I also own some MELI (not as much as STNE but still) I have the answer to your question down, but I want to reiterate and stress how raw and virgin payment market in South America is. There is room for quite a few companies.

Answer: They can be considered competitors in some manners but not really. Iā€™d let MELI head of investor relations, Federico Sandler answer this and Iā€™ll just write down some quotes:

• ā€œThey are a company we admire very muchā€
  • ā€œThey are much faster, better technology, their sales force is very capableā€
  • ā€œWhen you look at the payment spectrum, we are actually customers to Stone by the wayā€
2 Likes

I rarely share details which involves monetary amounts, but this one is a bit for ā€œputting my money where my mouth isā€ (hopefully Iā€™m not putting my foot in my mouth)

So yeah after telling Vedran, ā€œIā€™m not buying anymoreā€ I got baited and bought more :smiley: Iā€™m only human and despite reading in every source, I still struggle to ā€œact without emotionsā€

6 Likes

Hi @kali,

Full disclosure I also have MELI stock (but opposite to you in terms of having more than Stone). I have also seen that Motley Fool article and describing StoneCo as a ā€œNeo-merchant acquirerā€ geared to "sophisticated merchants "with ā€œthousands of storeā€. But looking at their website their products seemed to include/marketing to small businesses and microbusinesses. The area that MELI are targeting!

But like you I think S.America is big enough for both providers. But not as confident for Pagseguro Digital (PAGS) who is stuck in the middle of them.

I would be interested to see how Sea Limited (SEA) fare in S.America!

1 Like

Whats gone wrong with STNE recently, just checked price after this post, $31 ouch, I only had a very small position but glad exited at $77 in hindsight, this has dropped more than BABA :smiley:

That was a cheap shot!

Just remember thereā€™s always someone worse off :wink:

1 Like

Haha, i didnt mean it like that, more that I hadnt though many stocks outside of meme things had gone down as hard/fast as Chinese stocks recently.

1 Like