Invest & ISA - Account Funding Conditions Update

Thanks for letting me know. I might just change bank or open an account there and transfer fund around!

1 Like

You can remain suspicious, but you canā€™t spread lies here.

6 Likes

Can @AlexK or anyone at T212 please advise why Iā€™ve just been charged a transaction fee for a deposit via debit card, when the new charges arenā€™t meant to come in until tomorrow (4/1/21)? I would have deposited my funds via the new instant method, but having tried and failed numerous times over the last few days (even though Iā€™m U.K. based), decided to deposit a larger amount than I really wanted right now via debit card to AVOID a fee! Appreciate itā€™s only a small sum, but it seems disingenuous to be applying the charges the day before you advised in your emailā€¦

@PeakOwl excuse us for the inconvenience - we found what caused this & we fixed it. A few accounts were affected. All fees charged today will be issued back in the next 24 hours.

The deposit fee will be introduced tomorrow, 4 January 2021, as mentioned in our announcement.

2 Likes

Ah, thank you for your quick reply and confirmation, @Tony.V :blush:I do intend to use the new instant deposit method in future, but might need live chatā€™s help as to why it keeps failing to go through from my bankā€¦

@Tony.V Is there any ETA for AutoInvest from free funds? I know it was bumped in priority, but it is going to become a problem if we are forced to manual investing just because of the new fees.

3 Likes

Since you are based in PT have you considered XTB? They have a 0 fees trading account for PT residents. There is a spread in the exchange rate but you can deposit with both credit card and bank transfer.

CFD platforms arenā€™t my beach. I like to Keep It Simple and Stupid (KISS principle).
CFDs are one of the few financial instruments that I donā€™t invest in.

It is not CFD I invest, I would not dare to :slightly_smiling_face:. They now have both options, CFDs of stocks and ETFs and actual stocks. Have a look at their website

1 Like

Ironically, nobody from the TR212 support team repliesā€¦
This indicates how they care about EU investorsā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t speak for T212 but you are wrong on both things you say.

Firstly the support team do reply. There is a process for raising support issues and they in turn are responded to in order.

Secondly I have seen queries raised on here by many non UK customers who also receive a response.

1 Like

My point was : they introduced this change in fees on very short notice. Without having FIRST put in place a mechanism to garantee free deposit for EU customers.
And no, they still did not come back with a proposal work aroundā€¦
Very bad (EU) customer care

There is: bank transfer. Used it this week to deposit funds.

1 Like

Wrong : This does not work for auto-investā€¦

1 Like

True, but that only works with a creditcard. I donā€™t own a creditcard, so I donā€™t use it.

Bank transfers for autoinvest doesnā€™t work for non-EU customers either. It is nothing to do with EU or non EU.

1 Like

For instant deposits, UK customers can use Open Transfer Banking.
But this is not yet supported by TR212 for EU customers.
Thatā€™s what I wrote aboveā€¦

Itā€™s written both in the email and in the initial post that weā€™re working to extend Open banking coverage through the rest of European countries. This hasnā€™t changed ever since. If there is an update, weā€™ll share it instantly.

We do not charge the bank transfer fee youā€™re referring to. The processing bank charges it. We cannot interfere with that, Iā€™m afraid.

Thanks for your reply Tony. I appreciate :slight_smile:
That was my point : for instant deposits, TR212 made a change on a very short notice without having first have put in place a free alternative for EU customers.
TR212 should have proceeded the other way around : first add the support of Open Banking for EU; And only then add the fee of 0.7%ā€¦

My bank doesnā€™t support open banking yet anyway. My only way currently is to either use the credit card or transfer money in EUR (because SEPA is always EUR). Which is ridiculous when my bank account is CHF and the T212 too, it is converted with bad rates twice. Makes me wish I had opened an EUR account! Swiss banks generally charge 1 CHF fees for SEPA to make it even worse

Of course it would be plain awesome when T212 would do it like Revolut and simply offer Input-Accounts in various countries (using local currency).

EDIT sorry for the reply-to, my post is unrelated to it.

1 Like