Invest & ISA - Account Funding Conditions Update

You would need the ability to reconcile and segregate multiple currency accounts per user.

The software would need updated to pick which currency you wanted to trade with.

So take 1.4m users, most letā€™s say trade in EUR/GBP/USD, you are tripling the volume of client cash balances to track.

Someone has to pay to develop and maintain these additional items on a system which is currently free.

@George Anything new? Donā€™t have much hope for SEPA direct debit, but maybe autoinvest from free funds would be started.

3 Likes

Hi Alin,

Do you know if this feature is available if we choose to send USD over to T212?
Recently, they added the FX fee and I was thinking of closing my RON account and open a new USD one in order to avoid this fee.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi, I thought of this as well but Iā€™m not sure that would work as for USD itā€™s likely to trigger SWIFT fees. Iā€™d also be interested to know if you find out.

However itā€™s impossible to change your currency right now even by closing your account, since sign-ups are closed. We are trapped with RON currency and have to pay 0.15% FX fee on all trades and thereā€™s no way to avoid itā€¦

I will likely move to XTB because of the FX fee, it is now much cheaper than Trading 212 for me.

2 Likes

Update here: for Romanian specific transfers in RON, from Unicredit to T212ā€™s Barclayā€™s account, you are still charged 0,1%, min. 3 RON, max 2000 RON.

I have not identified a way for truly 0 fees, @AlinMC maybe you can share what account type you actually have at Unicredit.

Cheers

1 Like

Interesting to know that Funding Fees isnā€™t a new thing on Trading 212.

A post from the now Trading 212 ex-CEO ** in 2019:

For those curious about the Trading 212 development in the past, you could see some details by browsing the forum above.

** For more details about this matter see the topic:

4 Likes

Any updates @George regarding using free funds when autoinvesting? Or the SEPA direct debit feature? It is 4 months since the credit card fee was introduced and as it is autoinvest is useless if you donā€™t want to get taxed.

4 Likes

Yes, i too am waiting for more information regarding funding my autoinvest pies. It has been a few months now and still no update.

1 Like

They promised us much more features and nothing is coming ā€¦ Only the introduction of fees :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

You mean apart from the two new exchanges and the pie upgrades. Itā€™s only been a couple of weeks since the fees, how quickly was you expecting it?

1 Like

Iā€™m getting dividends paid quicker too.

1 Like

Iā€™m also waiting eagerly for (fee-free) instant bank transfer for AutoInvest. A regular bank transfer takes 2 business days to complete!

Even sending money from Europe to South America through TransferWise takes 1 business day (sometimes happen on the same day, but then itā€™s because of the timezone, I believe).

Doing the top-ups manually to invest was nice for the first times, but then it became an unnecessary chore, given thereā€™s a feature that was supposed to do exactly that.

2 Likes

If T212 supported SEPA Instant, it would already be sufficient for me. Assuming that deposited funds could be used for automated pie orders.

In general I agree that there should be free automated instant top-ups to replace current credit card payments with feew (once over 2k).

2 Likes

I finally managed to transfer money with Wise (formerly TransferWise) thanks to the help of T212 support.

Because SEPA payments must be in EUR, I went for a local GBP to GBP transaction. But the transaction information from the deposit-screen is for your specific currency and the money will be rejected because the incoming moneyā€™s currency does not match the currency of the T212 account!

Solution:
Send GBP to their GBP account:

GB85BARC20199063688283
Account number: 63688283
1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP, England
BIC: BARCGB22
Sort Code: 201990

Of course this does not solve the fact that I have to do two currency conversions, but at least the rates should be way better than when my bank does it. I assume credit card payment is still the better option for small amounts

@Team212 @George Any updates on using the free funds with AutoInvest? The feature has been crippled with the credit card tax and you have promised that a fix is high priority. It is really annoying to have to manually buy each week. Please provide an update on this.

7 Likes

Writing a new post nagging about a requested feature in the works in Sept. 2020, bumped in priority in December 2020 and still undelivered in June 2021 is somehow becoming a tradition. How hard can it be to have autoinvest from free funds?

@George anybody from @Team212ā€¦ bring this sad tradition and the users misery to an end. At least give us an update.

3 Likes

What is the sad tradition?

I agree that it would be a really nice to have, and surely 212 think that as well. The easier it would be for people to fund their accounts automatically and invest, the more assets 212 would have on their books.

Personally, rather than have something rushed out, I would hope they build a well thought out and simple solution than go through several broken iterations.

We want autoinvest from cash you already have on your account. More than 6 months with HIGH priority and still not done. And it is already implemented on practice account since pies exists.

2 Likes

The sad tradition is that each month I ask for an update on this and each month I get 0 replies. Back when they introduced the comission they said it was a move to offset their cost, but considering how much it takes to complete autoinvest from free funds it looks more and more as if they make a profit from the situation being as it is.

As a firm believer in DCA autoinvesting was great, but with a 0.7% fee it has been a manual job for me each Monday for the past 6 months and it really sucks to remember how easy everything was prior to January.

1 Like