Join the waitlist to open a new account

I have just been onboarded. I signed up feb/mar 21. I think it was more likely feb. Did not think it would take so long so did not record date at time. Volatile times to start investing now though.

4 Likes

If you are a long term investor with a view to 5 - 10 years then now and the next few months would be a great time to start accumulating positions in good companies, you probably got lucky rather than being onboard at the height of the market.

3 Likes

Thanks MaxZorin. As a pensioner, I can only hope to be a long term investor (like buffet). I am waiting for an ISA, but for now I will just try out a few small trades in the GIA.

2 Likes

Good morning,

I have been on the waiting list for United Kingdom for about 6 months , is there any update about this or should I just give up and move my portfolio into another company?

Thank you for the reply

Mat

3 Likes

I’m not asking for a ETA but could you say how far along your waitlist you are?

Simply something like “We have now invited so UK users who registered an interest before the end of February xx”

If only to give those of us an indication and/or if your invitation email might have been classified as spam…

2 Likes

Hello @Tony.V @Bogi.H

Not looking for an ETA :smile:, just wondering though if there’s a way for me to double check that one of my friends I’ve referred back in 2021 is indeed still on the waiting list (and if the referral bonus that was present at that time is going to be applied once he reaches the top of the waitlist and he’s able to sign-up)?

Location is UK.

Anybody that would be able to check this for me?

Thank you!

If your friend has signed up for the waitlist at any point and has not received an invite yet, he is still on it. To confirm his place on the waitlist, he would need to click on “open account", where a message will pop up.

Yes, it will. You can both reach out to us as soon as the new account is active, and we’ll take it from there :v:

2 Likes

hi team, i haven’t red through the whole thread (too many replies), but my friend who i referred to last year through my link and who was put on an automatic waiting list, never got the option to click through my referral, and as such both us are missing free shares. help?

Let us check that for you. Please reach us via the form below, selecting the “Invite a friend & Promo codes” category :point_down:

1 Like

thank you, just collecting her email address with which she’s registered so that you guys can trace it through

Thank you @KrisG for your response!
There’s definitely something wrong then because each time they try to re-register (with the same email address and ref link they’ve signed up to the waiting list at the beginning of 2021) this message appears, as if each time is the first time they’re registering:

Is the message supposed to say something different if the email address was found in the waitlist?

Shall I reach out to customer service or would you like me to PM you their email address and a few more details?

Thank you again for the stellar support! :pray:

No worries - I just sent you a PM :inbox_tray:

1 Like

Just opened an account. I’m very excited.

6 Likes

When did you enter the waitlist?
Did you open an ISA?

I don’t remember when it was. Also I registered my email multiple times on the waiting list.

Yes I opened an ISA but only use Invest account for now.

I had an account with trading212 before but I closed it.

1 Like