Many stocks missing from the platform (INVEST)

I know there’s a stocks request forum, but this is a general question.

I like looking through upcoming earnings websites, like Earnings Whisper, checking stocks that may be on the way up with potential positive earnings.

I would find a stock that has potential, then check it on Trading 212.

90% of the time I can’t find it. These are earnings from NASDAQ website and Earning Whispers and Yahoo Finance. I might also read some reddit threads where people are recommending stocks, I google them, read about them then go to Trading212 but can’t find them.

Why are all these stocks missing? How do these businesses get listed on Trading 212? Does every company have to be specifically requested by users?

I could give a list of stocks I can’t find but it’s a mile long.

Any reason for this?

2 Likes

@pipo Our portfolio covers pretty much all trendy stocks. There are of course a lot of exceptions, the stock market universe has hundreds of thousands of securities.
We’re making some fundamental infrastructure improvements that’ll allow us to add more stocks & exchanges faster than ever. In the meantime, if there’s anything you’d like to see being added more quickly, you can always request it here.

10 Likes

If you don’t mind me adding something to this topic.

You will face this issue no matter which platform or broker you choose to trade with. perhaps the oldest and largest institutions are the exception but there is always a restriction to exactly how many companies and markets you can access at any given place.

the observable stock market has exploded with the advent of online investments and the growth of the internet as a whole, it has become easier than ever to hear of “the next big thing” and get a variety of recommendations ranging from the most accessible on large exchanges to barely liquid companies on very small exchanges in europe etc

NASDAQ and NYSE are already doing quite well in comparison to the coverage provided for European exchanges. It’s always going to be a matter of how to best assign the limited man-power to keep growth steady and for now focusing on requests makes things easier in the near-future for T212. It’s just a matter of time for the vast majority of shares to become accessible considering T212’s current growth trajectory.

5 Likes

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Stocks & ETFs requests - add here

Hi @David , it’s a bit weird to me that I can’t find stocks in the Investing platform however those stocks can be found in the CFD account, for example I can’t find VOO, SPY, Xiaomi Corp in the Investing account but they can be found in the CFD account. Why is this happening? And why i can’t transfer money from PayPal to the Investing account this option is only available in the CFD?

1 Like

When the Xpeng IPO was live, I couldn’t find it on my main ISA trading account, but it was available on my invest account. I ended up missing the start of the trade as I only use my ISA account. I worry about this happening on the few IPOs I want to invest in at that stage.

A lot of stocks are NOT eligible to be held in an ISA therefore will not appear in your available stocks to purchase if you search within your ISA but will be available in your Invest … that’s just they way it is… it’s correct… it’s not T212s fault… so it will happen again…

Hi @David, loving all the new instruments! What time line can we expect for all new shares to become fractional? If you want to start with UK ones that ok!
Andrew

Hi David,
PLG can be added?
Thanks