Minimum amount to invest in pie

Sorry to disagree but this is not accurate since if you buy real cheap stock actions and they go up you end up doing way over than doubling the investment. While it’s not too much in amount over the year, it was automatically calculated and I don’t plan on doing that manually. The food thing about diversify is that you are “safer” and that did work out for me in the past few months.
I ended up spending over 3h to split my 4 pies into 15 in total and keep almost the exact height and investment in each of the stocks.
I decide where and how to spend my money, not t212. But this is a huge pain and now I need to manual or automatic invest in 15 pies instead of one, so if the plan was to reduce transactions, deposits, etc, that did the exact opposite big their intensions. Now I have a small pie where I only spend 2€/month. Stupid, but it was the only way to keep this automatic and the way I wanted for those stocks.
Again, I don’t understand the point of this except to convince smaller investors to go away.
Yes my investment is not too high (automatic) but that changes over time and with manual deposits. O guess that’s not going to happen anymore or not that frequently

1 Like

It is interesting to read this post from M1 Finance (available in US) in which they carefully explain the reasons they changed to a $1 minimum investment.

There were previously in a ridiculous position that

Sub $1 trades make up 25% of total trade volume while only accounting for 0.05% of all dollars transacted.

The motivation for change seems very similar to that of Trading 212:

These less-than-$1 purchases can put unnecessary strain on the system for such a low percentage of transaction dollars. Instead of us focusing our development effort on handling micro transactions and system maintenance, we can instead innovate faster and provide more value to you

5 Likes

That is very true and I’ve gone for your idea of £100 monthly, thank you for your advice :slight_smile:

Yes this minimum amount thing, has made me now not want to use the pie.

I have 2 pies.

one as 12 companies in the other 9.

I just wanted to whack X amount in each month and it just uses whatever money is available per pie and split it across all the stocks as per the per cent ratio.

Last month one was a min of £15 now £35
the other min of £20 now £100.

Not what I wanted to do. I’m obviously not understanding.

Same here. I have one pie with minimum funding of €33,00 was €1,00. Quite a difference. If I have some euro’s in my free funds, I can’t move them in a pie (even without creating orders)

I exported all the pies stocks back into the main inventory and deleted the pies, I will just have to manually do it each month for now. Or find a better way of auto investing. It’s a shame really. One of the main reasons i came over to T212 :frowning:

So I am guessing the other way to deal with this when having money sat in your pie but unused is to rebalance. It makes no sense money not being used for a month. Pies just became a little less attractive :angry:

1 Like

Trading 212 are not listening to how the customer (if we are still that after GME…) Wants.

There is a work around: turn auto-reinvest for dividends off. Then buy new shares outside your pie and import that position into your pie

:wink:

the point of having the pie was to automate all of that, sort of defeats the point in doing it all manually. just get rid of the pie and do it.

I’ve removed all pies now. We should just be able to have a pie, add an amount we want to spread it over and let it get on with it.