Minimum Value for EQ Pending Orders

My above post was awaiting approval by moderator. smhā€¦ Did I lie or use abusive or defamatory language in any way to have that check? I didnā€™t think soā€¦unless it was just a protocol

Unless someone can show me wrong here, it looks like market buy/sell will go through like normal if itā€™s below 100. If youā€™re limit buying or selling it wonā€™t go through if itā€™s less than 100

Uh oh uh oh looks like 212 have really messed this one up pricing customers out of the market! Looks like freetrade were genius introduction of fee but features in tact!

2 Likes

What does temporarily mean and why? thatā€™s the million dollar question everyone is asking. @David

6 Likes

I have tried placing a market buy order for Ā£1 and seems fine.
Iā€™ve not explored the limit order side yet

What I donā€™t understand is why you place limits like this and donā€™t explain why? I mean it is our money. I just think it would be nice to tell us why, I donā€™t think that is unreasonable to ask.

6 Likes

I think people are overreacting here market orders where untouched as it was till now, only limit sell/buy has changed.

1 Like

So if YOUR bank manager calls you and says you cannot spend your money youā€™ll be fine with that!!!

If you only trade via limit orders then this is a disaster. Relying on market trades with 212 reputation in execution you can say good bye to getting the price you want

4 Likes

I donā€™t see how itā€™s overreacting when there has been no explanation.
People donā€™t always sit in front of computers, watching charts all day and they may want to place a limit order and leave it. Not everyone has Ā£100 to spend on each order. As some have said, many want to average down little by little.

8 Likes

Does this affect pie orders? I got a dividend this morning and waiting for it to auto reinvest. Stuck on 0%

The new rule sucks, basically having to use market orders is too risky, you cant play the big volatility anymore if you donā€™t risk too much money.

We need a decent explanation why it was done. Who knows next week 500? Then 1000?

7 Likes

Hereā€™s hoping that @T212 are not turning into ā€œRobbing the Hoodā€
A competent explanation detailing reasons and duration would be nice?

2 Likes

Doing such a thing and not providing a reason is such a big red flag itā€™s unreal tbh.

4 Likes

Can someone please explain to me: if a stock cost 10ā‚¬, isnā€™t possible anymore to buy a single stock? I have to buy at least 10 of this stocks (=100ā‚¬)?

If really like an explanation and a duration as well, itā€™s becoming issue after issue with T212, I swear, if Freetrade had more available securities, Iā€™d give Trading 212 the middle fingerā€¦

THIS right here is ridiculous, also posts are being held back for ā€˜moderationā€™.
T212 is going down a very BAD route

9 Likes

Check :point_down:

3 Likes

Surely something like a 30 day notification of changes to trading conditions would have been warranted. This is a fairly major change.

4 Likes

Our system automatically detected the post in question due to inappropriate language. It is not something that we plan to support.

Regardless, youā€™re always welcome to share your feedback/opinion while complying with the community guidelines.