Moneybox Crowdfunding

Moneybox is going on Crowdcube as they announced today. Is anyone considering investing?
I think their app is great, and attracts a lot of investors but I don’t use it because HL is lower cost for the LISA.
I’m considering investing as it is platform for beginners to invest and that might be its USP. Only worry is T212 might take their market share eventually.
Thoughts?

Although I am a T212 fanatic through and through, I still think Moneybox have a role to play in this space. I am confident T212 is going to leave a lot of them in the dust but I am definitely going to be investing there… For now at least until T212 allow me to become a shareholder :joy:. I do worry a bit though about their fees but so far that hasn’t seemed to slow them down, which is a good sign. The biggest threat to their model would be if the likes of HL, AJ Bell and IG decide to offer commission free trading as well.

1 Like

I think their USP is just that their so friendly, everyone else is more formal, and less friendly, including 212. I few people who join moneybox will eventually find trading 212 though

I think all T212 need, after they’ve finished the first phase of upgrading their platform, is a good marketing campaign and there will be no stopping them.

1 Like

Yeah, still looks like a trading only platform from an outsiders perspective, really need to make it clear that they are an investing platform too

Maybe let’s pitch them a marketing campaign and they can reward us with some equity :wink:

2 Likes

I’m sure they have a team that could do 10x better than us lol

Perhaps they do, but we could still do a great job at a fraction of the cost :joy: Say, maybe they can pay us 0.5% equity :facepunch:
To get started, maybe they should rebrand to Investing 212😉

2 Likes

Well, but since they make their profits from the trading part of the platform… It might be a bit too soon :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I absolutely agree with you. But consider this for a moment, what comes to your mind when you hear the word trading?

1 Like

I’ve had that discussion somewhere before made the logo for them and everything, not interesting in changing though

1 Like

See, what did I tell you? That is actually good branding if I may say so. I can understand though from their perspective why they might not be so eager to rebrand. But you can never say never :grin:

1 Like

I agree, it’s clearer. It was also suggested by @laguiarto change it to T212 so new people don’t get the impression of trading. But Trading 212 rolls off the tongue better I think

1 Like

Hmmm, if only there was someone in the community that could point it out to them…:thinking: Oh wait, that’s us, so who do we need to speak to so we can re-pitch the new marketing and branding :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Think that’s a matter for Ivan lol, then maybe we can get the 0.5% equity :wink:

Excellent, so @Ivan when you read this please we’ve got an idea we would like to pitch in exchange for 0.5% equity :wink: We want to expand T212 universe to another level…

1 Like

That’s 0.5% each btw :crazy_face:

Of course :joy: otherwise he wouldn’t take us seriously…

hehe I have been spreading the subtle brainwashing waves to you all since my day1, T212 will slowly become more and more the mainstream term used in time muahaha.

1 Like