My AutoInvest Pie: 10 stocks with huge upside potential

Love some of these names. Just curious, whatā€™s the thesis behind Roku? I understand the cord-cutting trend but I fail to see how they can hold a long-term moat. Do you have any personal experience with the product? Most TVā€™s already have smart features without Roku no?

Not saying itā€™s a bad investment or anything. Havenā€™t studied the company at all and just curious about the thesis behind it.

I have written about Roku in great length on twitter and on my blog - you can learn more about it here:

Thanks for the insights and very informative. Seems like an interesting case and might do some DD on it myself. Following you on Twitter now and look forward towards future posts!

@student007 what happened to our August and September updates? How did the folio do?

Destroyed the broad market and Ark etfs, master blaster killer portfolio.

Ach itā€™s his/her strategy. Genuinely interested to see how itā€™s doing.

Nothing on his blog since 4th August either. Guess heā€™s been busy, I was also curious how his strategy was handling everything recently.

Sorry guys been hugely busy with work and family stuff.
Category killers r holding up really well , better than I expected! Up nearly +50% since I introduced and crushing the indices and other ETFs!

Those who like to actively follow what I am thinking and doing, I am more active on Twitter rather than here

Just curious really. Was thinking of doing a similar tracker for my own picks starting in January for personal curiosity.

I note the table compares to June though. Are you not reporting the growth month on month? Presume Aug and Sept have been a bit less kind.

Yes, good idea. For transparency I always report only from the day I went public with category killers I.e 14 June onwards as I am only interested in compounding over long periods and donā€™t pay a lot of attention on a week by week or month by month perf basis

2 Likes

Alteryx seems to be the worst performing, have you considered swapping it out or do you still see it to be a good pick with a longer term view?

orā€¦ you can copy paste an XIRR(or some other Time Weighted formula like TWRoR) formula from web which has time baked into it already. And it can accommodate things like monthly contributions etc, if there are any. Also using XIRR you can objectively compare the performance of a stock/portfolio youā€™ve been holding for 15 months vs something you held for a few months.

edit: one downside of time weighted formulas to keep in mind, they might produce extreme results for very short term periods. For example if something you just bought yesterday jumps 10% in price in one day, TTWROR might display a value like %8500 but these will normalised over time.

2 Likes

Ooh, thanks for that. Bookmarking this!

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this tool to my attention I will have a look after work

Still like the long term thesis but last earnings report was the first red flag - however I believe in the long term thesis which I believe is still intact and issues are COVID-19 related in my opinion- however , if I see a couple of more red flags I will be out. As I mentioned previously on Twitter, I am holding my position but not adding to my position at current levels as better places to park my money in the interim - fastly roku Zoom and Livongo are my top4 positions but Livongo will cease to exist once it merged with tdoc

Makes sense. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Very interesting formulaā€¦ Iā€™m building a small portfolio tracker, it may be something interesting to add :slightly_smiling_face:

you should ideally implement a few of them, again screen shot from portfolio performance:

notice the differences between TWRoR and IRR

I looked at their source codeā€¦ decided to write a new one from scratch :joy: