New feature - AutoInvest now works with bank transfers!

Hey, @danguilherme. :wave:

This has been discussed before, but itā€™s not in our short/mid-term plans.

Hey - tried this today had the cash sat waiting itā€™s got to the 7th (the auto invest day) and it hasnā€™t triggered.

What have I done wrong!?

@Scrooge_McCodf Please check your DMs so that we could discuss your case further.

While this is a great future, a lot of banking apps do not support recurrent international transfers.
You only support recurrent card payments which have fees and people do not want to use it frequently and there is no option for a recurrent bank deposit. Many other brokerages offer this. When are you going to implement something like SEPA Direct Debit mandate?

Edit: After looking into other posts about this, I understand that first you mentioned the feature would come out in early 2021, later in January 2021 you specified that would come by end of March 2021 and in July 2021 you said the feature was still in the to-do list. Itā€™s now September 2022 and the feature is still not here which is very disappointing.

I setup a recurring payment from digital banking and itā€™s free. Do European banks not offer the same regular payments?

There are lots of banks in Europe. Personally I have 4 bank accounts and only 2 support recurring international transfers and I need to pay a fee for each transaction. And Iā€™m not alone, thatā€™s why SEPA Direct Debit mandate was requested multiple times

1 Like

This is why Trading 212 donā€™t do timescales any more folks.

1 Like

Itā€™s easy to understand that estimations may be wrong but they should comunicate in those cases, keeping the community updated. Also, it makes no sense that itā€™s been 1 year and 6 months after the estimation date and the feature wasnā€™t released yet. Looks like they provided an ETA before even start working on the feature. Or maybe they were working on the feature but at some point they just decided to do something else and put the feature on hold without letting the community know. This is the community forum after all, if there is no communication with the community, whatā€™s the point?

Thereā€™s been loads. Anyone that spends even a small amount of time here knows exactly what theyā€™ve been doing in the meantime and what staff were reassigned onto.

This might be difficult to comprehend, but something far more urgent came up then regular SEPA transfers. :exploding_head:

1 Like

Along these linesā€¦ I have no idea what the next development is, but I may have missed the odd update.
Iā€™m hoping it is some more markets :smiley: , the Japanese stock list was quite promising (hopefully they will come to the ISA/Invest accounts) , although I understand that progress on the transfer in and out service would probably be quite popular also.

We have already had two or three more european markets added this year, I think it was Belgium, Austria and Portugal, definitely the last two.

It would be great to hear some of the top aims/areas of investment for T212 for 2023 in the new year if that is possible :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

Hi - where do I get the details for Trading212 so I can set up the standing order in my banking application. Its asking for the account number and sort code etcā€¦

thanks for the help

If you go in the App, Deposit, and select Bank Transfer; after filling out your IBAN there will be all the necessary informations for you to create the bank order.

Note: as far as I can tell, the ā€œfilling out your IBANā€ is mostly a cosmetic thing. Your bank transfer needs to specify your account ID in the transaction description (which you will find along all the information from T212) in order to match your payment to your account.

Would be great if we could use with self-balancing

1 Like

Weā€™re focused on other improvements for the time being, @zuku. However, Iā€™ll let you know if thereā€™s any news.

1 Like