New pie feature requests

1. anything not already in a pie has it’s own “Default” pie. The reasoning being if I go to ETF VWRL and hit “Sell” how do I know if it comes from pre-pies or 1 pie or a different one. A default pie with the option to withdraw from helps this. Obviously non-fractionals could be excluded from this “Default” pie and maybe those stocks added to it as they become fractional
  2. The option to change the ratios/context of a portfolio without a redistribution/sell off happening
  3. The option to move from 1 pie to another e.g. from the “Default” pie to another pie; without sell/buy/redistributing
2 Likes

I am bit confused.

1. You cannot sell stock which is in pie from within company screen, you have to sell via pie, or export and sell.

2. Not sure what you mean, but rebalance option is not automatic, as in if you remove certain position, or increase/decrease weightings, there will be no automatic sell/buy unless you rebalance. On next autoinvest, it will distribute new funds according to latest weightings, it won’t sell anything.

3. You have Import/export from withing Pie Holding Tab/Scroll to bottom… so you can freely move fractions between pie’s.

1 Like

ah I see. That is good then.

Not sure what you mean, but rebalance option is not automatic, as in if you remove certain position, or increase/decrease weightings, there will be no automatic sell/buy unless you rebalance. On next autoinvest, it will distribute new funds according to latest weightings, it won’t sell anything.

Will need to try again when the markets are closed. When I tried changing before it said it would do transactions when the market was open so I changed the weightings back

You have Import/export from withing Pie Holding Tab/Scroll to bottom… so you can freely move fractions between pie’s.

But still not from outside a pie to inside a pie?

Import is for stocks outside pie. Export for the stocks from pie to outside of pie. So if you have 2 pies and want to move from 1 to 2. You need to export from 1. Then go to pie 2 and import.

2 Likes

Yeah I just noticed the option for the first time :smiley: perfect

1 Like
  1. I don’t like this limitation. I like to scan through all my investments and if I come across one I’d like to sell, I then have to find out which pie I put it in to sell it. It would be nice if it kept the sell option and/or brought up the associated pie for me to adjust my ratios after.

Another feature that would help with this, is if the stock information screen/pop-up worked in the pie screen. If I’m in a pie and want to look at a stock (figures, stock chart etc.), I have to back out of the pie, find the same stock on the home screen, review the data, then go back into the pie to action a sell. It’s a lot of moving around for these actions and has made the feature quite convoluted.

1 Like

@Jace_Mindu couldn’t agree more, slightly cumbersome needing to export to then sell.

Hi all, I have not used Pies as I think they have been setup wrong from the beginning. That is the reason why people complain about mixing positions etc

Why not set the Pies up as a separate form of entity like (CFD, Investment, ISA) that could resolve whole lot of problems. The whole idea of pies is a long term investing (Warren Buffett like) without hassle and with added simplicity. You could look up you pies performance once in a while and keep on adding to your (hopefully) growing portfolio. As it stands pies are mixed with your normal investments (which you probably trade on daily basis) and that kind of missing the whole point (idea of pies/autoinvesting).

I personally think the pies are great idea (but fundamentally), and I would personally use them but not in a current state and form.

pies are just a feature, not a type of investment/trade so you would never see them as a separate account anywhere. T212 have gotten a lot of feedback about the mixing so far already and are already looking at separate lists.

1 Like

3 improvements that would help massively:

1 - Please show the ticker on the pie list so I can correctly identify my stocks? Problems occur with stocks with vague names, such as ishares physical gold having two stock options under different tickers.

2 - Importing/exporting stocks with pies can be cumbersome. This would be easier if when importing from the invested stocks list, stocks that are already in the pie were indicated; bold, different colour, something to make them stand out. This would make it easier to find stocks that need to be brought into the pie.

3 - Really advanced this one. Instead of import/export being separate functions, how about having a transfer system, similar to how file transfer work on PC/Android, where you can have one location on left, another on right, then move back and forth. This would help move investments between different pies, or when removing one to replace it with another from the investment lists, or maybe a new stock entirely. I do this every weekend to keep my pie investments healthy and the current process of importing, exporting, then importing and exporting again, then rebalancing, it’s a huge pain.

I hope some of this is easy to implement as I think it’s important for an investor to be active in updating a portfolio and the pie feature makes this much easier, but seems to only be half-way there.

1 - can be done by going into settings and turning off the option under “trading preferences” that shows shares full names in the trading info box. this does require you to know your shares by ticker though so not ideal for everyone.

2- could be useful for those who have lots of different holdings in a pie, though I would hope that people knew what they had in the pie and what the are adding to it already.

3- no need to over complicate a simple feature IMO. they are the same function, just with separate buttons. you’ll find the ultimate cause of your pain isn’t how the feature currently works, but rather how you are using it on a weekly basis in such a way. can’t say I know many people who would ultimately benefit from this change, beyond the confusion it can cause.

Also on a separate note from above. Since my last post T212 has now added an investments search and separate function to your portfolio tabs on the web platform. you can now choose to see all investments, pie investments only or manual investments only. Additionally, when on the Pies tab, you can distinguish between manual Pies and Auto Invest pies, or show all pies.