Online Pie Calculator

I donā€™t mind to pay if itā€™s for a project that I will make money as wellā€¦ but for an open-source free time project, Iā€™m very conservative on this :slightly_smiling_face:

Yahoo Finance may be my way to go.

2 Likes

You used to be able to ā€œcheatā€ Finnhub. Throw your requests through a proxy without a keyā€¦ used to workā€¦ not sure it still doesā€¦ :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I finally sent a request for an API key :raised_hands:

In which case Youā€™ll get an automated email later today with your API key ā€¦ and a lot of ramble designed to help newcomers and answer recurring questionsā€¦ itā€™s like War & Peace in email form :books:

2 Likes

What is the status of this? Tried to understand the GitHub repo, but couldnā€™t understand it.

Not changed since the first ā€œreleaseā€, Iā€™m a bit busy with a portfolio manager app in my free time :disappointed:
Anything specific that you would like to have there?

1 Like

Thereā€™s definitely a market for a good tracker!

Iā€™m currently working on my own in sheets, which in fairness should be pretty straight forward as I rarely sell anything because Iā€™m long.

That being said, I pay the sub for stock master but the exchange rate makes it have a complete meltdown :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Iā€™m doing for my own usage, so it wonā€™t fit everyone for sure, but since Iā€™m working on it, it will be available on App Store.

Still looking for a way to just feed only ticker symbols to such a script and calculate target weight based on 10 or 15 yrs history. Canā€™t find any. Was thinking about cloning it, however I donā€™t know Kotlin.

1 Like

I just need an API that provides that data, if someone knows any free API that does this, I can implement it in few days :wink:

I recently start playing with IEX Cloud. They have a free plan, it doesnā€™t have all data though.

1 Like