Portfolio "Xray" or Indepth Portfolio Analysis

Iā€™m not sure if this has been suggested before, but additional options within the allocation section showing the different sectors/ markets that make up your portfolio would be great, just to keep tabs on how diversified or not diversified the portfolio is.

1 Like

Wallmine is decent for this if youā€™ve not tried it?

2 Likes

Welcome! I like the idea but, for me at least, this falls into the nice-to-have category and Iā€™d prefer a focus on more account types, new markets etc.

There are some good standalone tools out there already like @Dougal1984 mentioned. One I like is Simply Wall Street, which looks like this:

fs

5 Likes

Morningstar also have a X-Ray tool, that shows the portfolioā€™s assets made of several funds/ETFs, by asset class, sector, region, country, etc.

Trustnet could also be an alternative. I used to use it in complement with other portfolio tools (mainly for funds) in the past. Not using in the last years due to my movement to stocks.

An example, a performance duel between Fundsmith and SMT and another global IF :wink: :

2 Likes

I always find the Morningstar one buggy but itā€™s great when it works. I hadnā€™t really used that Trustnet tool before ā€“ it looks nifty, thanks.

One of these days, Iā€™ll get around to scraping this sort of data in Sheets so I can see the underlying exposure of all my ETFs and trusts at a glance.

T212 could add this if they wanted to.

Competitors like InvestEngine and LightYear (top 10 at least) show underlying ETF holdings.

There are a few market data vendors who provide this service that T212 could buy from.

3 Likes

where can you find that on simplywallstreet?, iā€™ve got my portfolio made up on there just canā€™t really analyze it.

1 Like

If you click on your portfolio, you should be able to find this under the ā€˜diversificationā€™ tab.

Donā€™t forget that it would mean an extra expense for T212, it would pressure their financial results, and they could raise existing fees or create new ones. :wink:

I donā€™t want to pay more just to have a portfolio tool from T212.

1 Like

Iā€™ve read their latest financials. Theyā€™re fine. Another 20k/30k annual fee from a data vendor for underlying ETF holdings will not break the bank or force fees to go up.

T212 should consider some cooperation with Quartr app.