Possibly Moving Abroad


It looks like it is becoming a good time to start investing while prices are low. However, I might be moving abroad (not the US) in the next year or two, which may not be long enough for stocks to recover.

If I open an ISA can I keep it open if I lose tax residency (I know I cannot add any more money at this point)? What is the situation for the standard invest account?


Hey @ivrimon,

I think that the following might be of help:

Hi Tony. Thanks for the link. I have read that before, so know I cannot invest while abroad.

I just wanted to check Trading212 won’t close the account as others I have looked at (such as FreeTrade) close accounts once you are no longer resident, but that appears not be the case so I’ll open an account shortly.

1 Like