Response to a video about Trading 212

But there is no gains to him for admitting heā€™s at fault with his click bait titles confusing anyone gullible to believe what he is peddling.

You need to find a way to ā€˜sell itā€™ to them, or there needs to be better regulation, or ability for marketing teams to call people out and issue fines when spreading mis information about companies and confusing/scaring investors potentially at the same time. The one that got me on an old video was people posting that they made costly financial decisions as a result of watching a video and acting on the information.

To be fair the videos are not unique to 212 either so you could say there is a lack of bias in the spreading of mis information to get people to watch.

Maybe respond to his most recent statements then and either refute or explain what the hell is going on?
He has many valid points and I am very concerned with where (as a customer) my money and stock positions are being held.

Hi,

Do you have exact date for this publication ? Would be nice to review numbers ASAP. This is very concerning.

Itā€™s getting boring now.

EDIT: Ok I watched it, why on earth are people sucked in by this bellend? He says he has proof and presents absolutely zero, where are the emails with the names redacted? Whereā€™s the shrouded figure with the vocoder telling us 212 is a nasty man? Where was even a single quote read to camera?

Seriously, where is any proof whatsoever? It was literally 8 minutes of conjecture.

Youā€™ve got to be seriously daft to really think a whistleblower would approach Sasha over a national or sector based news outlet.

Come on.

10 Likes

Agreed.

1 I canā€™t find any other source or even google anything else to verify the two ā€˜sourcesā€™.
2 Clearly says in the video ā€œI could be wrongā€, but this time suggests if they have it wrong, will publish a further statement.
3 At least they contacted 212 apparently and gave less than 6 hours for a response, so you know, progress.

Imo clearly just trying to get people to talk up their channel and get more clicks. We should simply ignore it all.

End off.

4 Likes

Are you for real? Think before you post this nonsense please.

2 Likes

Several hours for a request on a Friday, which contact details did he use? the support one? SLAā€™s will still stand there, someone else, directly? what did he send? can we see the email request? lots of questions, also, just prior to the weekend, timely.

2 Likes

Donā€™t blame the guy, this is exactly the behaviour that makes such videos viral - you get scared for your money first and use your head second.

2 Likes

If a CEO of a company A is allegedly spreading false information openly about Company B, are there no legal remedies for Company B to pursuit.

1 Like

Yeah defamation.

Problem being is 212 probably donā€™t want to be seen as shutting down the debate like 'Pinkā€™trade do (and get away with so much).

1 Like

Iā€™m not entirely against Sasha, nobody is really sure whatā€™s going on, and thereā€™s not a problem trying to find out. Heā€™s found some potential issues, but he had absolutely exaggerated them, when the truthfulness or severity is unknown.

The one major thing to remember is that free shares have been drastically decreased from Trading 212 because of the new account suspension, and therefore this creates a conflict of interest, as Sasha makes a significant sum of money from investing platform referrals. Therefore, he may be more incentivised to tell his viewers to sign up to other platform with referrals than Trading 212.

But hereā€™s the where the big money could be made. Convince Trading 212 customers that the platform is unsafe and that their capital is at risk, so that they could be tempted to move to a different platform. All of a sudden, instead of referral income coming from a small trickle of people new to the world of investing trying to find a platform to invest with, itā€™s a large number of existing investors moving at once away from Trading 212ā€¦ using his referral links.

Iā€™m not saying this is his intention, but conflicts of interest should also be pointed out. I mean no harm to Sasha, itā€™s good that he wants to find out the truth, but constantly reporting on potential issues is not fair, especially in the fashion he is doing it.

It would be nice to find out what is really going on, but either way our funds are safe. Itā€™s not like the FCA will just shut Trading 212 and our funds will disappear into thin air.

Can I also add a note on why Trading 212 donā€™t respond as much as of late. Itā€™s a community forum, and when they spend time responding to questions itā€™s becomes a support platform. The intention is that this forum serves as a way of conversation of users. Many of the long time users know that this forum was terrible for repeat Iā€™ve questions which could be answered through the help centre or through contacting support. Remember the Trading 212 staff on here are not customer service staff. They are the key people in the company running operations, so donā€™t expect them to spend all day reading the forum answering every questions. If you require an answer, contact support.

4 Likes

Pardon me for being a bit flippant, but letā€™s just say the sources are correct - that basically makes the headline ā€œRegulator demands company take actions to satisfy compliance issues, which company then appears to be implementingā€?

I will say that as a software and cloud engineer myself, he does make a valid point regarding scaling and that is a thought I have had too (caveat: I obviously donā€™t know the inner workings of Trading 212ā€™s architecture so there may genuinely be some nuance Iā€™m not seeing from the outside). I have also had the ā€œwhy new customers for the EU but not UKā€ thought when EU onboarding was resumed and arrived at a similar conclusion myself. In my opinion something is up, communication hasnā€™t been stellar, but I also donā€™t know all the facts so Iā€™m not spouting off pure conjecture on YouTube to anyone who will listen.

Iā€™d be more worried if nothing was happening. In reality: new features are being added, EU registrations have been re-enabled, stocks are still being added to the platform, support are still replying (quicker than before, I will say), the staff are still replying on the forums (along with some new staff faces). All this says to me the company is still a going concern and gives me some confidence that if there is some regulatory issue (or WHATEVER the true underlying issue is) that it is being worked on in the background.

If one of the theoretical problems is lack of director level people responsible for governance physically in the UK then I can also see why that might take a while to arrange. You donā€™t want just anybody in charge of a multi-million pound company, and anyone who might fit the bill may well need to be tempted away from their existing role, and people that high up the food chain often have more than your average notice period, time limited non-compete clauses, etc. Again IF that is one of the problems, it does appear that action is being taken to rectify the situation.

Communication hasnā€™t been amazing on the issue, I donā€™t think anyone will disagree with that. I can understand why Trading 212 wouldnā€™t want to air their dirty laundry in public if they had a chance to fix problems in a shorter timeframe and plausibly blame it on capacity issues, and also wouldnā€™t want to panic their customers into a leaving frenzy by making a scary sounding announcement, but that doesnā€™t excuse it and make it right if that is what has happened. That said, the longer this goes on the more suspect it appears, and more people will start to draw their own conclusions, and in the modern world will do exactly what Sasha has done.

16 Likes

The youtube guy is an absolute joke. The only relevant comment in any of this is why the late filing, as filings are very easy for accountants to do. Aside from that everything else seems irrelevant.

4 Likes

Ok letā€™s all just be friends :smiley:

#positivevibes

1 Like

maybe, however more clarity from Trading212 would be highly appreciated.

5 Likes

In a scenario that a broker goes under, the FSCS scheme indicative timescale for claims states circa 6 months which is a concern. During this time would we be able to sell or DCA as I would imagine such news would rattle the market?

Iā€™ve been involved in a broker that went under and they just forced me to liquidate my positions, got all my money back, as annoying as it was.

1 Like

So did you liquidate your positions by yourself or was it done automatically by the broker and also how did the market react with the news?

Apologies with my questions as i have never been through the process not sure what to expect.

I donā€™t think it would come to that, just a learning process for me.

Are you kidding me? Papa johns all the way!

3 Likes

Market doesnā€™t care nothing to do with the market.

If I remember correctly I sold them myself.

1 Like