Royal Dutch Shell - opinions

Any thoughts about the current court case against shell from the green activists in the Hague?

Just white noise…

Should of held RR ceegee I took up the rights issue and glad I did. I’d buy into them before they are cash positive.

P.S. This is not financial advice, I know nothing.

I’ve not been to concerned with my shell shares but what’s happening with BP…6% behind shells climb this past month. Wish they’d catch up a little.

I’d have thought BP would lead with Looney at the helm, maybe people don’t want to invest in a looney lol

I was back in the day they dropped. Took my profits and used it to buy back in.
Only momentarily left :wink:

I can’t time the market so I don’t try, I’ve dabbled but I know my luck, I’ll sell entering a dip then BOOM, deal with EU stocks costs 20% more…in normal conditions i might use technicals and try it but it’s so volatile atm

1 Like

Perhaps I’m probs just being impatient after seeing Shells climb. BP just feel a little lagging. I’m not planning on selling right now though

It was just lucky I sold them for a profit :joy: I have no clue how to time things. Then an alert the next day at the price I wanted so quickly bought back in. I’ll stick by RR despite all the bad news but the end to potential travel restrictions could see them making a comeback in years to come. Personally a cheap stock when I bought back in so happy to sit and let it grow again in years to come…

I’m more excited by their power systems, I can see huge government contracts awarded to kick start the economy and all the big investment banks are bullish on the FTSE.

2 Likes

I know that for UK colleagues is better to buy rdsb because of witholding tax, is there any difference for investors from eu countries (croatia)?

Depends who do you like to pay your taxes at. :slight_smile:

If you buy Dutch version, dividend is witheld by Netherlands (15%), you don’t have to pay in Cro.

If you buy UK version , 0% witheld , you pay in Cro. After 1.1.2021 seems we pay 10% + local tax(prirez).

1 Like

People who held reaping rewards at the moment. This is going to spike post covid then I’ll cash in.

We all know covid is an event.

Indeed, Shell is only about 1-1.5% of portfolio but its 35% up from average buy. Some people will have made an absolute killing i expect.

Everything oil related is up, yesterday PBA 6%… 20% portfolio weight… :thinking:

Oh wow I didnt realise you were deep in oil with a 20% portfolio fair play!

Well wasn’t planned but in March when Oil was destroyed, was loading up truck on midstream. Not much into producers.

Shell is 7.17% up for me today! :chart_with_upwards_trend:

138 shares with a current return of £360.69. My average price = £11.69

I’ve seen people who hold a lot more with a much lower average price, so I can imagine they are very happy right now! :partying_face:

Well the headline for me would show up 55% at present. Unfortunately the reality is I sold at a small loss earlier in year and got back in around 922p.

Shell indeed has performed quite well the last couple months, but for the longer term, I still have my doubts (will continue holding and adding for now still think it’s at a good price atm). I do like the new focus on some core regions but I don’t think Shell is really being transparent enough about their hydrogen/green strategy (even as an investor it feels like greenwashing), but we’ll hopefully hear more about that soon.

Shells been performing well BP has been lagging behind but it caught up today finally :raised_hands:t2: